Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I also love to make Bentos, a Japanese style box lunch, that is considered almost an art in Japan. Many times you will wrap your lunch in decorative cloth called a "Furoshiki"... a cloth napkin, scarf or even a dish towel works well for this. Like many of us, I have been a search of the perfect case so my Kindle and the cover do not get marked up or damaged while jostling around in my purse. So it occurred to me that this would be a good solution, till I find that perfect case. You can even slip your light under the knot into a little kind of pocket... It is nice cause you can change your cover to match your mood or outfit ;)!

Easy How too:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
So pretty!! 

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Very Nice. :)  I would love to see your Bentos too. :)  I used to make Bentos but now I only make sandwiches (request from my kids. They said they don't want to attract people by eating Bentos at school.)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Beautiful. That is how I wrap all my presents. People laugh but when I go and visit them I notice they are using the pretty cloth in their kitchen...LOL

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Octochick said:
Hi Octochick,

Thanks for showing me your bentos. They're wonderful. It was always headache for me to make bentos. You don't want to make same thing too much and yet you have to make something that my kids will like. You have to think about the color, taste, smell... I have so many bentos cookbook. LOL

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Well, the Bentos thing is new to me... I have seen pictures before but never really knew the name or anything... Breakfast Club, I guess is the first I ever saw "in action" and I just thought it was some snooty thing!! Hey, I am a country gal, although I do think they look very nice. I just need to know something... would those lids keep my cream gravy from my chicken fried steak from leaking into my black-eyed peas and cornbread?? ;D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Shoot Octo...is there anything that you don't do??? :) I did notice one picture where I chuckled...the flower shaped sandwhich. Since pre-school, I've been cutting DD's sandwiches into various shapes...she's in 3rd grade now. One mom came up to me and asked me if I was the one who made butterfly shaped sandwiches. When I told her that I was she thanked me semi-sarcastically because now her daughter insisted on shaped sandwiches.

I originally thought it would be fun for her being that it was the first time she'd be away from me but I also found that she ate more of the sandwich if it was in a shape. To this day she loves bringing her various sandwich shapes to school...I'm a cool mom in her book :))

So far I love all your pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Angela said:
Well, the Bentos thing is new to me... I have seen pictures before but never really knew the name or anything... Breakfast Club, I guess is the first I ever saw "in action" and I just thought it was some snooty thing!! Hey, I am a country gal, although I do think they look very nice. I just need to know something... would those lids keep my cream gravy from my chicken fried steak from leaking into my black-eyed peas and cornbread?? ;D
There're so many kind of bentos case (lunch box) available. There's thermos lunch box which include soup pack. Some has sealed lid. Here's site you can see pictures. It is in Japanese LOL but you can click and see the pictures. http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/yellowstudio/

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Shojou Beat (a manga magazine for girls) usually features easy recipes for bentos. Maybe the website may have some listed. I have to refer to my old copies of my magazines. I miss living overseas. I used to pick up bentos all the time. Now that I have to make my own and its not as elaborate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts