Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

If you own JD Robb's Naked in Death (the first book in the "in Death" series) in book or Kindle format, could you tell me what the last sentence in the book says? My Kindle lists Chapter 20 as the last chapter, but it ends abruptly it seems. No epilogue, no real closure. It just seems incomplete. Can anyone help me see if the Kindle edition is incomplete? (I've already tried redownloading, but it still ends at the same spot.)

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

BookishMom

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
BookishMom said:
Hi everyone,

If you own JD Robb's Naked in Death (the first book in the "in Death" series) in book or Kindle format, could you tell me what the last sentence in the book says? My Kindle lists Chapter 20 as the last chapter, but it ends abruptly it seems. No epilogue, no real closure. It just seems incomplete. Can anyone help me see if the Kindle edition is incomplete? (I've already tried redownloading, but it still ends at the same spot.)

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

BookishMom
"No dreams tonight."

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
"No dreams tonight."
Betsy, thanks so much -- that's where it stops for me, too. It just seems incomplete to me. I guess it's because Robb (Roberts) intended this as a series, so it's not supposed to have the same kind of closure as other novels. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would... on to the second book now! :)

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
BookishMom said:
Betsy, thanks so much -- that's where it stops for me, too. It just seems incomplete to me. I guess it's because Robb (Roberts) intended this as a series, so it's not supposed to have the same kind of closure as other novels. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would... on to the second book now! :)

Thanks again!
Love my JD Robb! Glad you enjoyed it. Many of us are very hot for Roarke!
I changed the subject now that we've resolved it so people wouldn't panic that the Kindle book was bad.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I'm assuming this is your first "In Death" book. Dallas's dreams are very significant for the character throughout the series.

I love J.D. Robb. :) I picked up Seduction in Death tonight. It was the dead tree version, but I couldn't resist for 50 cents. :) I dunno if I'll ever be able to totally give up dead tree when there are bargains to be had, but I can at least significantly reduce the number I buy.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
This may become the official JD Robb thread.  Be sure to use the spoiler block so we don't spoil things for Bookish Mom or other JD Robb rookies.

Betsy

·
Registered
780 Posts
JD Robb is one of my favorites, am waiting to start her new one until we are on our 7 days cruise. Only 2 more weeks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CS said:
I'm assuming this is your first "In Death" book. Dallas's dreams are very significant for the character throughout the series.
Yes, it was my first. But not my last. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,495 Posts
Lynn said:
JD Robb is one of my favorites, am waiting to start her new one until we are on our 7 days cruise. Only 2 more weeks!
What are you going to read for the other 6 days?

;D

Ann

·
Registered
165 Posts
Love the J.D. Robb books. I'd like to recommend Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island trilogy. If you like mystery,romance and modern day witches you'll love this. The books are:

Dance Upon The Air
Heaven And Earth
Face The Fire

All are available on Kindle although my set is paperback.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I remember the books were published in pb, no hb. Have loved this series from the beginning. As soon as I finish the newest one, I can hardly wait for the next one. I want to get all of the in Death series for Kindle but I am busy buying books that I haven't read.

How many want to see these books made into a movie. I don't think that I do. I have developed in my mind what the characters look like and places (Eve and Roarke's home and Eve's shoe box office and others) look like. Besides what book or case would they do?

According to one of the websites that I frequent here are the titles of the next three books to come out.
Ritual in Death
Promises in Death
Kindred in Death

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Susan B said:
Love the J.D. Robb books. I'd like to recommend Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island trilogy. If you like mystery,romance and modern day witches you'll love this. The books are:

Dance Upon The Air
Heaven And Earth
Face The Fire

All are available on Kindle although my set is paperback.
They are good. I have the dtb, but I'm not ready to replace them on Kindle yet. I want to get the Key trilogy first. Celtic gods and goddesses, trapped souls, quest for the golden keys.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
tc said:
I remember the books were published in pb, no hb. Have loved this series from the beginning. As soon as I finish the newest one, I can hardly wait for the next one. I want to get all of the in Death series for Kindle but I am busy buying books that I haven't read.

How many want to see these books made into a movie. I don't think that I do. I have developed in my mind what the characters look like and places (Eve and Roarke's home and Eve's shoe box office and others) look like. Besides what book or case would they do?

According to one of the websites that I frequent here are the titles of the next three books to come out.
Ritual in Death
Promises in Death
Kindred in Death
In Death series only in paperback? Or am I misunderstanding? I keep waiting for the paperback to come out while the hardcovers tempt me. I have them all in pb, so I wait...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
In Death series only in paperback? Or am I misunderstanding? I keep waiting for the paperback to come out while the hardcovers tempt me. I have them all in pb, so I wait...
When the in Death series first came out they were only released in paperback. It wasn't until recently that they started to be released in hardback. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
gertiekindle said:
They are good. I have the dtb, but I'm not ready to replace them on Kindle yet. I want to get the Key trilogy first. Celtic gods and goddesses, trapped souls, quest for the golden keys.
I read the Key trilogy (have the in dtb) and really enjoyed....certainly a change of pace. Usually I don't care for stuff like that but they were pretty good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was just Nora Roberts website, www.noraroberts.com , and click booklists J D Robb books, then at the bottom of that list is a link to a Excel file of her books. It stops with Creation in Death. However it has a brief description of the books.

BTW, the first hardback came out in Sept 03.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts