Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not asking for me :D  a friend is considering this case for the kindle they just purchased.  I directed her here but her computer fatally crashed this morning so we are asking from my computer.  She really loves the look of my noreve but wants the jean vintage and wondered if anyone had it and if so their thoughts on it.  Is it worth the money? ect

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi mistyd107 .

I have a Noreve in the Sandy Vintage. Just got it this week. Here's a link to photos on this forum.
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,10052.0.html

I love the quality, very tight stitching, holds the Kindle very snug. I got it mostly because the like the rails that the Kindle slides into, so there are not any straps in the way. The Exceptional leather is very soft feeling, like suede. I didn't get the smooth leather because some people had said it scuffs and get marks, so I went with the "suede" feel.

After a couple of days using it, here's my take on it. Looked beautiful out of the box. On the second day, I got something on it in two places while carrying it. My hands were clean, honest. Don't know what happened, but not perfect any more. So I figured I would work on it to make it more "distressed" looking. I got some Wilson's suede and leather cleaner I had in the laundry room and dabbed it with a turkish towel. Here and there, just to give some texture. I then sprayed it with a leather protectant. Only took a couple of minutes Maybe that's not a good sales recommendation, but I love the look more now than when it was new and perfect. Look like a distressed leather jacket. Still just as soft. I know I will have it for a long time.

One thing to say about the smooth leather, it may clean up better, except may for ink stains. So this is something to think about.

Here's a before and after treatment photo.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back2nature said:
Hi mistyd107 .

I have a Noreve in the Sandy Vintage. Just got it this week. Here's a link to photos on this forum.
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,10052.0.html

I love the quality, very tight stitching, holds the Kindle very snug. I got it mostly because the like the rails that the Kindle slides into, so there are not any straps in the way. The Exceptional leather is very soft feeling, like suede. I didn't get the smooth leather because some people had said it scuffs and get marks, so I went with the "suede" feel.

After a couple of days using it, here my take on it. Looked beautiful out of the box. On the second day, I got something on it in two places while carrying it. My hands were clean, honest. Don't know what happened, but not perfect any more. So I figured I would work on it to make it more "distressed" looking. I got some Wilson's suede and leather cleaner I had in the laundry room and dabbed it with a turkish towel. Here and there, just to give some texture. I then sprayed it with a leather protectant. Only took a couple of minutes Maybe that's not a good sales recommendation, but I love the look more now than when it was new and perfect. Look like a distressed leather jacket. Still just as soft. I know I will have it for a long time.

One thing to say about the smooth leather, it may clean up better, except may for ink stains. So this is something to think about.

Here's a before and after treatment photo.
I'll let her know the thing she really didn't like about my traditional leather is the fact she could see scratches on it and I've had it just over a month. neither one of us are sure how that happened as it just sits next to me in my wheelchair when I'm not using it.
Any major areas of discoloration on yours?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stupid ? but would an armor all spray used on leather jackets be ok on this  if apllied before inserting the kindle

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I wouldn't use a spray on these unless it's specifically listed as being safe for suede. A simple leather spray may cause staining or matting of the nap. I don't believe that Armor All is safe for suede.

·
Registered
197 Posts
mistyd107 I wouldn't use Armorall. That would leave it shiny. You wouldn't want that. Like I stated before, I just happened to have a can of Wilson's Leather - Leather & Suede Protector. It was almost empty, but just enough. I'm sure you can find something similar anywhere, probably at shoe stores. I personally would use it on the new cover right after opening the box.  It didn't put a gloss to the suede and left it feeling just the same.

As with any bare suede, any moisture may leave a mark when dried. I was carrying the K2 with the cover on, and in the other hand, I had a glass of ice water that had some condensation on the glass. My wet fingers must have touched the K2. Can't think of what else touched it. Funny thing is, when it dried, the spots still looked dark. So that's why I did that little treatment. Like I said, I like it better now.

If anyone's worried about it, they might want to try the Ambition selection. It's a leather with a bumpy texture. Probably wouldn't show anything on it. One thing about Noreve, they have several choices.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ms Deb said:
Brush the spot with a suede brush and it will go away. I have the Jean Vintage and that works for me.
I did that, but the spots stayed anyway. So on to the suede cleaner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay, I don't know what is in them, but baby wipes get almost everything out of anything.  They also leave a spot, but that does brush away.  I am sure suede cleaner will do the same thing.  My "baby" is now 23, but baby wipes are still stashed everywhere.  They even clean up paint when it drips - kind of scary we use them on babies ;D 

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It's funny...I haven't had a baby in this house for 19 years; YET, I have baby wipes...I use them for everything.  They are so handy and convenient.  Smell so nice.  And gentle...after all, they were originally designed for babies.

1001 uses for baby wipes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts