Cool, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks for posting that.  ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think he's brilliant and fascinating to listen to.  I'll set this to record in case I forget to watch it.  Thanks for the note!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Jeff Bezos was on NightLine news last night:  Plugging K2 and stressing that it isn't the end of libraries, books...etc.  He was saying that we have to evolve with the times electronically.  He discussed the fact that some books will never be on the K and that the two can coinside peacefully.  He wants the best "book/book" wise and Kindlewise.  He believes that Amazon can do a book/book business and a Kbook business equally successfully. 

When the subject of the book smell and the love of it was brought up.  He explained it away by saying that all you are smelling is glue and more glue.  The interviewer said then spray the kindle with a book smell spray.

It showed a pic of his first house and how he started from his garage...now sporting about 25 warehouses.  Let's just say "Jeff's come a long way" baby...his 1st house was a shack!!  We must never forget our humble beginnings.

·
Registered
277 Posts
He also borrowed $300,000 from his mom and dad to found Amazon. Those aren't humble beginnings in my book.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
ModKindle:  Trust me; I'm sure that house is considered humble beginnings compared to what he must be living in today.  I think he's a great guy...down to earth.  How can he not be; he loves to read...lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
oh I didn't mean it quite as snotty as it came off. I just always laugh at the idea of the self made millionaire coming from humble beginnings when they had access to cash that is multiples of what most families earn in a year to start their business. I think Jeff Bezos is brilliant and down to earth and frankly seems like a nice guy. Plus he's made my life a lot nicer though both amazon and the kindle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts