Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday at 11:00 AM, and Thursday at 11:00 PM (Times EST)
Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com in conversation with Chris Anderson editor-in-chief, Wired Magazine
Authors: Chris Anderson; Jeff Bezos

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Thanks.

Setting Tivo> > >

BTW, greyparrot, you seem to be new here. . .wander on down to Intros and Welcomes and tell us about yourself!

And Welcome to Kindleboards!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks for the post and welcome greyparrot!!  Love your avatar!!  We have had a grey for about 15 years now and can't imagine life without him!!!  Be sure to go to the Welcome and introduce yourself!!  This is a great place to be and we're happy to have you here with us!!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
greyparrot said:
Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com in conversation with Chris Anderson editor-in-chief, Wired Magazine
Thanks greyparrot, and Welcome! Would love to hear more about you in Intro/Welcome.

Linda

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Ack!  Forgot.  Just set Tivo to record tonight's reshowing. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I just set my recording for tonight too. I am in the middle of watching something else now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
greyparrot said:
Welcome Greyparrot!

I watched Jeff Bezos on CSpan2 at 11 p.m. last night. I wish his appearance had been more recent. The show dated it May 2008.

I still enjoyed watching the show. It was interesting that Jeff said only 125,000 books were available back then. His vision was for 20 million books to be available on Kindle. Also he said people that bought for Kindle were still buying DTB's or Dead Tree Books.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I'm watching my recording right now. . . finding it very interesting. . . .sure wish I'd bought Amazon stock back in '95 or '96.  :)

Ann

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I'm watching my recording right now. . . finding it very interesting. . . .sure wish I'd bought Amazon stock back in '95 or '96. :)

Ann
Oh if we had known. Many years ago my late father-in-law car pooled with a couple of guys he'd know for a while. During the years they car pooled these guys were developing a business plan. They finally quit the place where they all worked and, without telling my father-in-law, they opened up their new business.

That new business was Pizza Hut

·
Registered
260 Posts
tecwritr said:
Oh if we had known. Many years ago my late father-in-law car pooled with a couple of guys he'd know for a while. During the years they car pooled these guys were developing a business plan. They finally quit the place where they all worked and, without telling my father-in-law, they opened up their new business.

That new business was Pizza Hut
What a bunch of scoundrels for not letting their co-carpooler in on the deal! I'm never eating at Pizza Hut again :mad:.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
ProfCrash said:
OK who here has bought 1,086 Kindle books?
And that was back in June! Imagine what they've bought by now.

Ann

·
Registered
118 Posts
My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this show. I love hearing Jeff speak, he is a very smart and likeable guy. Thank you, Greyparrot. I'm sure I would have missed it if you hadn't posted!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts