Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was interviewing him on Late Night and apparently Branson has a new book out so Jimmy Fallon says to him, "First of all I'm upset that your book is not on Kindle.  I can't download your book.  And I just wondered, what do I do?  Do I have to actually buy your book and walk around with that?"  To which he just responded, "Really?  Well it's a heavy book, yeah."  Then seemed annoyed and changed the subject pretty quickly.  Sadly the audience didn't react at all, but it was still fun to see a Kindle version request on national television.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Jimmy Fallon LOVES the kindle. I love hearing storys like that! It will if anything help mainstream the kindle a bit more and help get us more books.

I have heard him bring it up to several guests. He called his K2 the Kindle Deuce :).

He asked his guest, Emma Roberts (Julia Roberts neice), if she likes to read on her Kindle Deuce and the guest said "the what?" She was confused and obviously never heard of the Kindle before. So He made a little joke and called his self a gadget geek but I love when he brings the Kindle up on his show.

It would be so funny if he became a member here!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, he almost seemed embarassed when Sir Richard Branson seemed clueless on it too.  Maybe it was more Fallon changing the subject than him, but it went abruptly from him saying "So you need to make it so I can download it."  To "So... I hear you're doing a free concert..." with absolutely no segue.  Was kind of funny though and he almost seemed nervous like it was something he wasn't really told say or discussed in rehearsal.  I've had mixed feelings about his show despite always liking him, but he just earned points with me.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
I think every author should be asked about formats.  Is it available in paper?  audio? Kindle or other electronic format?  And if the answer is ever 'no' they should then be asked "Why not?"

·
Registered
308 Posts
I saw it. I personally didn't think Sir Richard was mad or anything. I think he just seemed more clueless about the fact his book wasn't available on the kindle. I love watching Jimmy Fallon. He seems to be getting more comfortable and I love that he plans to continue to have not only celebrities but people from the tech world on his show.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Lisanr said:
I saw it. I personally didn't think Sir Richard was mad or anything. I think he just seemed more clueless about the fact his book wasn't available on the kindle. I love watching Jimmy Fallon. He seems to be getting more comfortable and I love that he plans to continue to have not only celebrities but people from the tech world on his show.
Yea, he isn't bad. Kind of change of pace from everyone else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup, I saw it too, and I didn't think Branson was mad either, just off track and a little clueless.

I LOVE the fact that Jimmy loves his Duece.  And he's not shy about bringing it up either. 

I've really taken to him... he seems to be finding his stride.  One thing I like is that he's such a good sport!  One night he's up on a horse, next night he's hanging from the ceiling, and last night he was dancing with Abigail Breslin.
Really cute! :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I cringed when I heard Jimmy Fallon was given the Late Night spot, but he has really earned it with his hilarious "Zack Morris" interview, Kindle love, and fun Tiger Woods Wii demonstration (among other things).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
CS said:
I cringed when I heard Jimmy Fallon was given the Late Night spot, but he has really earned it with his hilarious "Zack Morris" interview, Kindle love, and fun Tiger Woods Wii demonstration (among other things).
I was the opposite I was so thrilled to see Jimmy Fallon take over, and to see Conan move up also. I love both of those guys and think they are so funny.

The Zack Morris interview was a riot! OMG I loved it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts