Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/JKRowlingAnnounces

Just saw this on you tube. If true, it looks like it will be a shot in the arm for paper books. Surprised to see at the bottom of the screen that Warner bros owns the trade marks for the Harry Potter names.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yeah, it looks very secretive, no idea if it's a new book or what. And if it is, it probably isn't coming out in a few days. Just announced in a few days. If she had a new book coming out in a few days we all would have heard about it before now.

Vicki

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Could very well be a project that takes place in the Potter universe we saw in the final pages of Book 7 ?

OR-- it may be an extra treat she thought up for fans as a companion to the upcoming final film?

G

·
Mel Comley said:
My understanding was that JK wasn't going to write anymore books in the series! ???
Yeah, I also think she said that she may make use of the same universe. Although whatever it is will surely be a huge hit, it'll still be just one book or one book at a time. If anything it may breathe some life back into Young-Adult Fantasy that isn't Paranormal!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ryne Billings said:
Well, I guess it's not a book after all.
Whatever it is, it is a lesson in advance marketing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
foreverjuly said:
Yeah, I also think she said that she may make use of the same universe. Although whatever it is will surely be a huge hit, it'll still be just one book or one book at a time. If anything it may breathe some life back into Young-Adult Fantasy that isn't Paranormal!
Fingers crossed! ;)

Also, if it is an MMO or something like that, I will be sorely tempted. Love me some Harry Potter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I must admit that when I saw this on Twitter this morning I was incredibly excited. I saw some speculation that it would be a theme park. Maybe an entire HP theme park in the UK? One more reason for me to take a trip over the pond.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Decon said:
http://www.youtube.com/JKRowlingAnnounces

Just saw this on you tube. If true, it looks like it will be a shot in the arm for paper books. Surprised to see at the bottom of the screen that Warner bros owns the trade marks for the Harry Potter names.
It only says 6 days&c before she announces something. Is she going to renege on her vow never to publish an e book?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Decon said:
Whatever it is, it is a lesson in advance marketing.
Must make her feel important? Can I do one of those for my next short story? Pretty please.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nichole Chase said:
I must admit that when I saw this on Twitter this morning I was incredibly excited. I saw some speculation that it would be a theme park. Maybe an entire HP theme park in the UK? One more reason for me to take a trip over the pond.
Have you visited the HP theme park in Florida?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I heard it was going to be an interactive site for fans with forums and such. Guess we won't know until she formally announces it, which I guess is June 23rd.  pottermore.com is the site name.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.