Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am turning into a HUGE Jodie Piccoult fan, so far I've read "My Sister's Keeper" and "Nineteen Minutes" and both were page turners! I'm currently reading "Handle with Care" and it too is really awesome! I've already sent sample to my Kindle of ALL of her books- I'm going to go broke with just her books! LOL :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've read all her books...they are incredible. Just finished Handle with Care......*deleted* can't say what I was going to so as not to spoil it for you. But please let me know what you think when you're done, Pomlover!

Susie

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm currently 61% through "Handle with care" and I'm loving it! It's very well written [all her books are!] and I added samples of all her books onto my K2.......reading Jodie Piccoult alone will break me lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was a huge long time fan...she was one of my favorite authors...one I never missed and recommended often.

However, I didn't like The Tenth Circle at all.  I started Nineteen Minutes but couldn't get past the first few chapters.  They seemed more predictable/formula driven and I was concerned that perhaps she was just turning out books too quickly.

Maybe I will give her a try again because I really loved her books before that.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I've never read one of her books...I have a couple of them on my bookshelf, and I can't figure out why I never picked one up and read it (other than so many books, so little time...) I'll pick up My Sister's Keeper for the Kindle and give her a try.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
dablab said:
I also really like her books, I started with Plain Truth and have read most of them since. Besides Plain Truth, My sister's Keeper is also my favorite.

Dot
Those are my two favorites. I am listening to Handle with Care but it reminds me a lot of My Sister's Keeper. A little disappointing.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I read Plain Truth and My Sister's Keeper, and I liked both of them. I've read a sample of 19 Minutes, but I haven't bought it yet. I agree that they do seem pretty formulaic, but she is a good writer, and I like that her books make you think about the underlying issues.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Those are my two favorites. I am listening to Handle with Care but it reminds me a lot of My Sister's Keeper. A little disappointing.
I read Handle With Care, and enjoyed it, she knows how to tell a good story. But
I couldn't believe she reused the ending of My Sister's Keeper.
That really disappointed me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Sister's Keeper is one of my all time faves. They are making it into a movie with Abigail Breslin, cameron Diaz, Joan Cusack and Alec Baldwin. I think it is supposed to be released this summer.

I agree that 10th Circle wasn't my favorite, BUT I liked it because it was different than her other books.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think the Tenth Circle was geared more towards teens. It was *okay*, but not as good as her others. I love her books, but they all seem to have the same premise: mom (or dad once in a while) doing anything they can to help/save a daughter.

Loved Handle with Care, but again, read above.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Brenda M. said:
I think the Tenth Circle was geared more towards teens. It was *okay*, but not as good as her others. I love her books, but they all seem to have the same premise: mom (or dad once in a while) doing anything they can to help/save a daughter.

Loved Handle with Care, but again, read above.
Agreed, and I can only handle so much of that and have to move on. I have too many books I want to read. That is true of many authors though. I read Danielle Steel in the mid to late 80's and had to move on, same with James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell. I think when you write so many books and as quickly as some of these guys do it is bound to happen.

I love the fact that KB has opened the door to new new genres and new authors for me!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Agreed, and I can only handle so much of that and have to move on. I have too many books I want to read. That is true of many authors though. I read Danielle Steel in the mid to late 80's and had to move on, same with James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell. I think when you write so many books and as quickly as some of these guys do it is bound to happen.

I love the fact that KB has opened the door to new new genres and new authors for me!!
I totally agree! I gave up Danielle Steel years ago as I could predict the outcome. Also gave up Patricia Cornwell as they seemed to be going nowhere. I do like James Patterson's other books (not the Alex Cross series).

And I have gotten so many *different* books, too, thanks to this board. I am even telling other readers who don't have Kindles to come here for recommendations. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts