Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!  I've been reading on a kindle since May of 2008.  (I killed my first with coffee, and Amazon did not provide a replacement!)  I'm interested in joining in on some of the bookclubs here, they look like fun!

Frances C. Monroe

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome Frances. I too am looking forward to the bookclubs. Sorry to hear about the ealy demise of your first Kindle- there's another thread here about a kindle getting kneeled on and the screen cracked. Too scary to think about all the Kindle dangers  out there.

Lynn L

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Frances!  I killed a laptop that way  ::)  This is why (on very good recomendations from Kindleboarders) I got the warranty and handling warranty from Square Trade!  I'm stiff with fear that I'll do in my poor Kindle.  I'm looking forward to the bookclubs, too, will be looking forward to seeing you there!

Katiekat

·
Registered
869 Posts
Frances,

Welcome aboard!

Nice to hear from someone who is an "old timer" in that you got your first Kindle when it just came out.

The book clubs are very popular, and sure to be fun.

Marci

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
fcmonroe said:
Hi! I've been reading on a kindle since May of 2008. (I killed my first with coffee, and Amazon did not provide a replacement!) I'm interested in joining in on some of the bookclubs here, they look like fun!

Frances C. Monroe
Frances, welcome!

Sorry to hear about your first Kindle, but glad to hear you've got your second one! We're all looking forward to the bookclubs! Glad you found us!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Frances and welcome! I am so looking forward to the book clubs. I haven't been able to participate in one since I moved here 1 1/2 years ago!  When I read about the coffee killing, I had to cringe... I figured if I was ever to kill my kindle, it would be by coffee or Dr Pepper! I have been trying very hard not to drink and read at the same time! Anyway, we are glad to have you here!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I accidentally tossed my first digital camera across a parking lot.... That didn't work out too well for me either, as I recal.    ::)

·
Registered
869 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I accidentally tossed my first digital camera across a parking lot.... That didn't work out too well for me either, as I recal. ::)
LOL - how did that happen?

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes congrats on 500!  I only have 450 to catch up LOL LOL LOL

WOO HOO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts