Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this poor family is in the media entirely too much already. I don't want to add fuel to their already seemingly hot fire.

But tonight I watched their big announcement episode
They filed for divorce
and I feel so bad for this poor family. I know alot of people have different opinions on it. Just seeing if anyone here watches and if so your thoughts.

I have heard some people say they basically brought it on thereselves by letting the nation watch every move and thus creating a lot of added tension on the strained marriage. I do think that maybe added to the stress but I don't feel like this family knew entirely how the public and fame would affect the marriage and family.

Ok if anyone watches this show or saw this recent episode, please add your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I watched it tonight too and was really sad. I hope they can get into counseling and find a way to communicate with each other and move past all the hurt and pain they obviously are feeling. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I hate to see a family break up, it will so hard on the kids.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rasputina said:
I watched it tonight too and was really sad. I hope they can get into counseling and find a way to communicate with each other and move past all the hurt and pain they obviously are feeling. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I hate to see a family break up, it will so hard on the kids.
I agree. I was so sad watching it. You could tell it was real emotions. It didnt seem at all fake or staged for the cameras. I feel so bad for what they are going thru and what the kids will have to go thru.

It seems like Kate would gladly be open to counseling but I feel like Jon just seems
done and wants to move on

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yes I agree with what you said about Jon. Although I was encouraged that they both said they would always love each other. I remember this seasons birthday episode and one of the kids went up to Jon and said they didn't want him to leave and it was so sad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spoiler tags? Really? HAH.

He was a broken man, hopefully now that he's done with her he can grow a pair and learn to be happy again. I just feel bad because she's a WITCH and will keep custody of all 8 of them and keep whoring them out for money.

She is a WITCH:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Never watched.  See all the stories though (how can one not these days).  Feel awful for the kids.  She needs to lose that hairdresser of hers. 

Many reality couples break up, I agree it is the stress which adds to the mix. Most are airheads anyway. These are the ones I could think of and I'm sure there are more who have split up.
Nick Jessica
Carmen David
Shanna Travis
Paris Nicole (lol)
Hugh Holly Bridget Kendra
Brittany Kevin
Danny Bonaduce Wife
Hulk Linda (Hogan)
Flava Bridgette

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unrequited said:
I blocked the spoiler tags just for anyway that maybe watches the show but didn't see the anouncement yet. I'm sure with all the media coverage on this family they have probably saw it elsewhere I just didn't want to give it away Just in case.

That video was interesting, I hate to think that any mother would be neglectful or take water for herself before her thirsty child. Maybe they were scared the kids would have to use the bathroom during the interview if they gave them water ahead of time. Idk. I just hate to think the worst of her because she is under so much scrutiny.

sjc said:
OMG!! I never knew there were so MANY reality shows...Holy Crap!! Look at this list...WOW!!!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvworld/allshows.shtml
That list is CRAZY! I had no idea that many reality shows existed. Embarrassed to admit it but I do enjoy reality shows. I thought I was aware of alot of them and there were so many on that list I had no clue existed.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It really does ssem like the show has changed and the people have changed who are in it from the first season I guess you would call it

·
Registered
138 Posts
I stopped watching several seasons ago when the show became less about the kids and more about product placement and adults behaving badly. I think divorce was inevitable.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
50% of marriages fail so regardless of whether they were on TV or not they had a 50/50 chance.  Now it's all about how Jon & Kate will parent after the divorce.  I've seen a few of the worst marriages that for the sake of the kids never bring "their" problems to the kids and do a lot of things togehter especially over the holidays with the kids inspite of how they feel about each other.  It can be done...we'll see how they handle it.
P.S. They both knew before they got married that Kate is overbearing and Jon is a wimp...that didn't change and wouldn't have changed if they stayed married.  They are who they are and now want something or someone different.  IMO     

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
The only time I see this show is when it is on the Soup. Then they show the interviews. Kate is gabbing about something totally unimportant and Jon looked like he wanted to shoot himself. He always seemed to have this very vacant expression. So I am not surprised that they are getting a divorce. He looked like he was beaten and had checked out long ago.

That said, I am opposed to shows like this one. The kids are being exploited. I don't care what the parents say. Those kids have no say about being on the show. The family makes a decent amount of money off the show, I have seen varying numbers. Hopefully a large chunk of that is going into trusts for the kids because they deserve it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was very sad watching last nights show.  I hope they both find happiness wether or not it's with each other.  I really like both of them and think they do a great job with their kids, Kate has a lot of patience with them.

Maybe Kate's a which and maybe she's not.  If she is, then I certainly am!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Buttercup *member #83* said:
I was very sad watching last nights show. I hope they both find happiness wether or not it's with each other. I really like both of them and think they do a great job with their kids, Kate has a lot of patience with them.

Maybe Kate's a which and maybe she's not. If she is, then I certainly am!!
unrequited said:

He was a broken man, hopefully now that he's done with her he can grow a pair and learn to be happy again. I just feel bad because she's a WITCH and will keep custody of all 8 of them and keep whoring them out for money.

She is a WITCH:
I can agree she may be a little overbearing. ( ::) But I think some people are way too harsh. Haters should think about how they would come across if they were filmed all day taking care of 8 kids. I know they would have some great highlight reels from me! The kids are clearly doing well and are not abused.

The sad thing was after Jon stopped caring and stood up to her more, you could start to see how well they could have gotten along if he had been less passive. She really toned it down when he started standing up to her more.

Its probably like a feedback loop, he is to passive so she becomes more dominant trying to draw him out...which makes him withdraw more.....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I grew up in a family with 7 kids (his, hers and ours) and my stepmother had a lot of rules. I hated it at the time but there would have been chaos without those rules.  I think Kate is a great Mom...as a wife she obviously wasn't what Jon wanted.  

·
Registered
384 Posts
I do not watch "Reality" Shows and have only seen snippets of this one.  I feel compelled to add my 2 cents worth.

This may be a stunt set up by the Producers to keep the show interesting and to gain publicity.  This is one of the reasons why I do not watch "Reality" Shows - they are not "Real" but staged to keep the audience interested.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cat616 said:
I do not watch "Reality" Shows and have only seen snippets of this one. I feel compelled to add my 2 cents worth.

This may be a stunt set up by the Producers to keep the show interesting and to gain publicity. This is one of the reasons why I do not watch "Reality" Shows - they are not "Real" but staged to keep the audience interested.
I truly hope they did not file for divorce just for publicity. If so then this world is very sick.

If you did not watch the show then I can see how you would think it 'might' be staged. But if you watched I think you would be able to tell these people were dealing with real emotions. I genuinely feel bad for them. I think there life took such a drastic turn that they didn't ever expect or see coming. They did say on last night that their show will continue so I think it will be interesting to see how they parent through and after this.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Never cared for "reality" shows and never watch them.  I'd rather watch something more realistic like "Star Trek the Next Generation". ;D ;D
jp

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
cat616 said:
I do not watch "Reality" Shows and have only seen snippets of this one. I feel compelled to add my 2 cents worth.

This may be a stunt set up by the Producers to keep the show i
nteresting and to gain publicity. This is one of the reasons why I do not watch "Reality" Shows - they are not "Real" but staged to keep the audience interested.
You know, I have a feeling that you are right. Even though its supposed to be reality tv, its still scripted.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I don't know that it's scripted, but I personally think that TLC is taking advantage of the situation for ratings, money, etc.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts