Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new thriller/suspense premades out there?  I think I've stalked all of the sites, but not finding what I need.  The premade wave seems to have slowed since the holidays.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm feeling this too with an anti-valentine's day thriller I've been working on. But I find there to be a general lack of thriller premades too. I swear there was a site where cover artists were uploading (or linking to) their premades and there were TONS (hundreds at least) all in one place, even artists I had never seen. It's been impossible to find, though, so now I'm worried I hallucinated it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe someone can remember the site I was talking about and can link it?

·
Registered
567 Posts
NRWick said:
I'm feeling this too with an anti-valentine's day thriller I've been working on. But I find there to be a general lack of thriller premades too. I swear there was a site where cover artists were uploading (or linking to) their premades and there were TONS (hundreds at least) all in one place, even artists I had never seen. It's been impossible to find, though, so now I'm worried I hallucinated it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe someone can remember the site I was talking about and can link it?
There was a site, you're right, I remember popping over there from KB. I am working on my pre-mades site now. I might have bookmarked it, so I could put covers on it.

Ah, yes, I did. http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=128138.0

No, that's not it. Should've checked first. This might be the site. http://thebookcoverdesigner.com/sell-your-book-covers/

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm not sure about all the other cover artists out there, but I've been so swamped with custom orders my premades had to slow down for now. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the premades start surging again and you'll have all the thriller covers you could ask for. In any case, good luck!

ETA: http://bookkoop.com/ has a collective of premades

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm not sure about all the other cover artists out there, but I've been so swamped with custom orders my premades had to slow down for now. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the premades start surging again and you'll have all the thriller covers you could ask for. In any case, good luck!

ETA: http://bookkoop.com/ has a collective of premades
D: YES! This was what I've been looking for. Seriously, thank you! I've been searching for that link for a few days now.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I have a ton of stock art taking up space on my harddrive that needs to be made into pre-mades. Alas, I've had the flu for what seems like ever and just don't have the energy to do it right now. :(

As soon as I'm feeling better I'll be doing a pre-made make-a-thon. ;)

Rue

·
Registered
466 Posts
ruecole said:
I have a ton of stock art taking up space on my harddrive that needs to be made into pre-mades. Alas, I've had the flu for what seems like ever and just don't have the energy to do it right now. :(

Rue
Oh, Rue, I can so sympathize! I was down for four days with what I was sure was walking death sickness, ie. common flu.

@ NRWick - You're welcome ;) Now I need to go update the prices of my stuff on there ...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ruecole said:

Rue
oh, yay! about the make-a-thon, not the flu.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I"m in the same boat as Nicole -- too many custom cover clients to have time for premades since December (not that that's a bad thing!) But I do love making the premades (finally did a few this week) and I promise that when I've got a few spare moments I'll start wading through the drift of stock that I've put aside the last two months and do something with them. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new here. Stumbled upon this forum doing research for a children's ebook I'm creating. I am a graphic designer with over 10 years experience and am about to begin my journey into designing premade covers for sale. I would love to hear any advice from those of you out there that would like to chime in. What would be the best categories to begin creating for? Any other words of wisdom or advice? I'd love to hear from you Thank you!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new here. Stumbled upon this forum doing research for a children's ebook I'm creating. I am a graphic designer with over 10 years experience and am about to begin my journey into designing premade covers for sale. I would love to hear any advice from those of you out there that would like to chime in. What would be the best categories to begin creating for? Any other words of wisdom or advice? I'd love to hear from you Thank you!
Judging from this thread, thrillers? :)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I think thrillers, romance, young adult, and erotica seem to be some of the most popular categories.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
images i'm tired of seeing on crime fiction/thriller covers:

yellow crime scene tape
gun
dead body with a gun

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
JRHenderson said:
Lisa, might you be thinking of HumbleNations? :-\
THAT! I've been breaking my brain trying to remember his company name. I'm surprised he hasn't piped up in this thread.
Does some very very nice work. Does anyone have a link to his site?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quiss said:
THAT! I've been breaking my brain trying to remember his company name. I'm surprised he hasn't piped up in this thread.
Does some very very nice work. Does anyone have a link to his site?
I'm using several of his premades, plus one commissioned cover (Before I Wake, in sig line). His premades are on a site called Goonwrite: http://www.goonwrite.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts