Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know many of you did not buy the Kindle to save money, and I didn't either. But I figure that in the long run I will. I want to read Julie Andrews Autobiography "Home" and I noticed the print price is 10.87 and the Kindle edition is 12.57.  ??? Why is the Kindle edition more expensive and have you all (y'all ;D I'm from the Southwest) encountered similar situations? I don't understand the logic of a huge book being less than the Kindle edition.

And another question, has anyone read this book? I'm hoping it's a good read.  :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I had I book I wanted, I could pre-order at $14.82, then when it was released it was $16 something, then it came down to the $14.82 and finally it came to $9.99.  You have to have patience and check everyday.  Tomorrow it may be back up again. :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I had I book I wanted, I could pre-order at $14.82, then when it was released it was $16 something, then it came down to the $14.82 and finally it came to $9.99. You have to have patience and check everyday. Tomorrow it may be back up again. :D
It's like the weather here in Texas: if you don't like it today, just wait a day and it will change!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
VMars said:
And another question, has anyone read this book? I'm hoping it's a good read. :)
I listened to this book, as read by the author. I enjoyed it, and it put a whole new perspective on her talent, her career and her outlook on life. I was just disappointed that it ends before she is in Sound of Music!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I listened to the Julie Andrews book and absolutely loved it.  Julie narrated the book and it felt like I was sitting down for a spot of tea with a very dear friend.  Julie has had a very interesting life, not an easy life always, but very, very interesting.  Home takes the reader through My Fair Lady.  So here's hoping there is a sequel. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is one of the very first samples I ordered, way back when. In those days, the book was $9.99. I read the sample and didn't buy the book. She went on and on about a zillion old relatives and I kept getting the names mixed up. It just didn't grab me.

And if it didn't even make it to the Sound of Music, I am really glad I didn't buy it!

L

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I have also used the comment box to tell Amazon that I won't pay more for a Kindle version than the current hardback or paperback price.  Usually the price falls at least to match in a few hours.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wrote to Susan Elizabeth Phillips to tell her that the price on the Kindle version was more than the DTV price.  She personally emailed me back and thanked me for bringing to her attention and that she was working with her publisher to get it fixed.  (I thought it was pretty awesome a New Times Bestsellers list auther took the time to email me back!)  A couple of days later she was successful.  Authors, publishers, amazon...if we keep after them they will have to listen right??!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
This makes me think of a book I saw on Amazon that they had listed at way over $300. The only reasonable way to buy it was to get it from one of the other sellers. I actually contacted Amazon on this because it HAD to be a mistake and I figured they were loosing sales because of this ridiculous price tag. They actually told me that "Prices fluctuate constantly and that while they try to be competitive with other companies they cannot always match their prices" I asked them if they were kidding because it was an obvious typo. There wasn't any new response to that.

Anyway, back to the topic. With Amazon I put anything I really want into the shopping cart and "save it for later". Then I can go click on my cart any time I want and it will list everything with price changes since it was added to the cart. I see price changes multiple times a day. Sometimes the same item will go up $2 for a few hours and come back down. Strange.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Arkhan said:
This makes me think of a book I saw on Amazon that they had listed at way over $300. The only reasonable way to buy it was to get it from one of the other sellers. I actually contacted Amazon on this because it HAD to be a mistake and I figured they were loosing sales because of this ridiculous price tag. They actually told me that "Prices fluctuate constantly and that while they try to be competitive with other companies they cannot always match their prices" I asked them if they were kidding because it was an obvious typo. There wasn't any new response to that.
Check out the price on this one...

$6431.20 and that is for just one of four parts. To buy the entire tome would cost over $22,000! :eek:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LMAO!

Oh. My. God. Imagine if you clicked on 1 Click by mistake and bought it!  :eek: 

BTW, I checked on the Julie Andrews book again, I think I made a mistake. The hardback is 17 dollars and change. The Kindle edition is 12. I accidentally clicked on the paperback edition and it was 10 dollars, but it isn't out yet, it won't be out until April and I'm sure when that happens the price will go down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
BambiB said:
Check out the price on this one...
$6431.20 and that is for just one of four parts. To buy the entire tome would cost over $22,000! :eek:
Actually it is a lot more than than 4 volumes for the entire set. I see a volume 37.

Of course these are actually not mistakes. You notice there is no 30% off these things either. That would be an evil one click buy with one book hitting $8,689.00. I wish I was smart enough to be working on alloy development. I could probably afford to one click buy the whole series.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts