Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the new thread for us to keep our plans and expected attendance records (he he) for the next meet.
In Reston,  VA on July 14th.
And afterwards we can post the photos here.

Just sayin....

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
Geoff. . .  .might want to modify the thread title to include "DC area" or "Northern VA"  . . . . I don't know if there's more than one "Reston" in the country, but it's possible. . . . .

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
OK, I'm back from my sojourn to the not-frozen-at-all-but-hotter-than-
hell
-North and I'm putting together the cell phone number list, and I have

DebbiM, DRenee, Geoff and Susan in VA and of course, my own.

Anyone else want to PM me their cell phone number? This is not a requirement, but might be useful if we're trying to locate each other that day! If I've missed anyone, please resend because I've apparently deleted it by accident!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
You should have mine. . . .though I won't be around that day as I'll be in Kentucky. . . .hmmmm. . . .maybe I can call in and you can ignore me.  ;D

Seriously, though. . . .have fun. . . .I'll catch then next one. . . . .

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I'll have time that day, and wanted to offer a ride to & from the meet to anyone who's reasonably close (as in, not Baltimore) and has no transportation.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
You should have mine. . . .though I won't be around that day as I'll be in Kentucky. . . .hmmmm. . . .maybe I can call in and you can ignore me. ;D

Seriously, though. . . .have fun. . . .I'll catch then next one. . . . .
Yep, have yours!

Betsy

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The list last time we counted noses was:
ProfCrash
Susan
Me
Betsy
Ravenclawprefect
Deb
Harvey (maybe)
Heather (?)
tessa
Maybe Mike if things work out.
Of course anyone and everyone is welcome.
If you want to PM your cell phone numbers to Betsy for coordination, that would be helpful.

Just sayin.....

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Unfortunately you'll have to uncount my nose.  Things have changed and I'm not going to be able to make it.  I'm not hoping for the September meeting.
deb

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
drenee said:
Unfortunately you'll have to uncount my nose. Things have changed and I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm not hoping for the September meeting.
deb
DRenee, not this month and not September either? Is everything ok?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I totally missed this thread. I sent my phone number.

Drenee: I hope that everything is ok.

In an attempt to make the initial meeting place a bit more specific I am going to suggest that we meet at the Ice Rink and William and Sonoma. That is a a specific corner and should prevent people from being staggered around the ice rink. (grins)

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ProfCrash,
Thanks for suggesting a more specific location.
Most of us can find that, I am sure - but we would not have been able to suggest one ourselves.

All - keep the 14th on your calendar.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I totally missed this thread. I sent my phone number.

Drenee: I hope that everything is ok.

In an attempt to make the initial meeting place a bit more specific I am going to suggest that we meet at the Ice Rink and William and Sonoma. That is a a specific corner and should prevent people from being staggered around the ice rink. (grins)
Works for me! I will send out the phone list in a couple of days.

Betsy

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Betsy,
Do you think Harvey would want to put this in the blog as a "coming attractions"?
maybe the upcoming NYC meet also?

Or should we start a new thread - perhaps a sticky thread with the upcoming dates?
I think that if "we" promote these meets they will become a bigger thing all around the country.

Just sayin......

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Good idea, Geoff - - I can add a blog post about that.

Wish I could be in Reston for this one!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Susan, sorry about my post. I meant to say now hoping for September. Sorry about that.

I am having some medical problems. Not really sure what yet, but my blood tests suggest I'm bleeding internally. More blood work and tests scheduled.

Can't wait to see the pics from your meeting. Have fun. I'm sorry I have to miss it.
deb

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
drenee said:
Susan, sorry about my post. I meant to say now hoping for September. Sorry about that.

I am having some medical problems. Not really sure what yet, but my blood tests suggest I'm bleeding internally. More blood work and tests scheduled.

Can't wait to see the pics from your meeting. Have fun. I'm sorry I have to miss it.
deb
Get better soon. Take good care of yourself!!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thank you. 
deb

1 - 20 of 66 Posts