Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June is here!! Fun in the sun!! I hope everyone has a wonderful month! :-*

May, 2009 Comments can be found here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7420.0.html

Installing Love

Tech Support: Yes, ... how can I help you?

Customer: Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install Love. Can you guide me though the process?

Tech Support: Yes. I can help you. Are you ready to proceed?

Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I think I'm ready. What do I do first?

Tech Support: The first step is to open your Heart. Have you located your Heart?

Customer: Yes, but there are several other programs running now. Is it okay to install Love while they are running?

Tech Support: What programs are running ?

Customer: Let's see, I have Past Hurt, Low Self-Esteem, Grudge and Resentment running right now.

Tech Support: No problem, Love will gradually erase Past Hurt from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory but it will no longer disrupt other programs. Love will eventually override Low Self-Esteem with a module of its own called High Self-Esteem. However, you have to completely turn off Grudge and Resentment. Those programs prevent Love from being properly installed. Can you turn those off ?

Customer: I don't know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?

Tech Support: With pleasure. Go to your start menu and invoke Forgiveness. Do this as many times as necessary until Grudge and
Resentment have been completely erased.

Customer: Okay, done! Love has started installing itself. Is that normal?

Tech Support: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to begin connecting to other Hearts in order to get the upgrades.

Customer: Oops! I have an error message already. It says, "Error - Program not run on external components." What should I do?

Tech Support: Don't worry. It means that the Love program is set up to run on Internal Hearts, but has not yet been run on your Heart. In non-technical terms, it simply means you have to Love yourself before you can Love others.

Customer: So, what should I do?

Tech Support: Pull down Self-Acceptance; then click on the following files: Forgive-Self; Realize Your Worth; and Acknowledge your
Limitations.

Customer: Okay, done.

Tech Support: Now, copy them to the "My Heart" directory. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching faulty
programming. Also, you need to delete Verbose Self-Criticism from all directories and empty your Recycle Bin to make sure it is
completely gone and never comes back.

Customer: Got it. Hey! My heart is filling up with new files. Smile is playing on my monitor and Peace and Contentment are copying
themselves all over My Heart. Is this normal?

Tech Support: Sometimes. For others it takes awhile, but eventually everything gets it at the proper time. So Love is installed and
running. One more thing before we hang up. Love is Freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to everyone you meet. They will in turn share it with others and return some cool modules back to you.

Customer: Thank you, God.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
^^^

Cool Suzanne!

Wasn't reading about Christ's resurrection the perfect way to start the week/morning/1st day of June??  ;D
Hope you all have a blessed week!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks Suzanne- I think I will copy that and send to my non-kindleboard friends!

A lot of times, when I am reading the Gospels, I try to think what it would have been like to be alive then and actually be with Christ when He was here on earth. But then I am afraid I would not have had the courage to believe in Him. I am thankful that I have the benefit of seeing the whole story laid out for me, it seems just a little "easier" now, with all the good news right in front of me. I am looking forward to being with my Savior, sometimes I just wonder if my faith is strong enough. That's one reason why I love this group so much, for support and motivation.

Lynn L

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lynn said:
A lot of times, when I am reading the Gospels, I try to think what it would have been like to be alive then and actually be with Christ when He was here on earth. But then I am afraid I would not have had the courage to believe in Him. I am thankful that I have the benefit of seeing the whole story laid out for me, it seems just a little "easier" now, with all the good news right in front of me. I am looking forward to being with my Savior, sometimes I just wonder if my faith is strong enough. That's one reason why I love this group so much, for support and motivation.

Lynn L
I think you underestimate yourself, Lynn. Thomas had to see to believe, to even put his hand in the wounds! The apostles and first-century followers who actually saw Jesus in the flesh & had the privilege of hearing him teach had so much to base their faith on. Today, we believe without many of the eyewitness things they had the privilege to experience. I think this pleases Jesus & his Father greatly. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I like the fact that God used all different kinds of people in the Bible, none of whom were perfect (except Jesus who is God). 

Moses didn't have enough faith at times:  he pleaded with God that he could not speak well when God called him into service.  And he struck the rock to bring forth water, instead of speaking to it as God directed.

Peter was so scared that he denied three times that he was a follower of Jesus, but God used him in a great way afterwards to spread the message of the gospel.

I think we all get discouraged if we compare ourselves to others.  The important thing is to remember that God loves each of us and then to keep "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith,"  (Heb 12:2a NASB)

P.S.  Suzanne, I really liked what you shared with us. I am printing a copy so I can read it again more thoroughly.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Maybe I missed something, maybe I am a tad dense or something, but who is the "favorite" disciple?  I thought it was perhaps Simon Peter, but does not appear to be when he is talking about the favorite disciple.  I know Martin is a tad occupied to think of this, but maybe someone else can help me out here.

I am so loving John  :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I was always horrified, or concerned about the barbaric practices of the Mayan and Aztec, after reading some of the OT - wellllll I guess they come by it naturally.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
Maybe I missed something, maybe I am a tad dense or something, but who is the "favorite" disciple? I thought it was perhaps Simon Peter, but does not appear to be when he is talking about the favorite disciple. I know Martin is a tad occupied to think of this, but maybe someone else can help me out here.

I am so loving John :)
Not too busy, yet. LOL

Most scholars believe that it is the apostle John. Keep in mind that tradition holds that the gospel was written by John the apostle (though some have later attributed it to another John, known as John the Elder. I don't necessarily accept that, but it really wouldn't change the thought that John is the disciple whom Jesus loved; I'll explain that in a minute.).

Whoever authored this gospel (and tradition says it was John from the earliest times), in John 21:24, he is associated with the disciple whom Jesus loved.

Now, even if the author was not John the apostle, but was John the Elder, scholars believe that the latter John was simply recording what the apostle believed and taught; therefore, the gospel could still be attributed to the apostle himself, thus John is still linked with the disciple whom Jesus loved.

I know this may not be the clearest answer, but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
yes, it make sense, Thanks Martin - er Michael? nah Martin!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Anyone else notice that today is the first time "they" are called apostles?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I wasn't sure where to put this, so it can be moved if necessary.

For any of you who read C.S. Lewis' books, many of them are now available (or will soon be available) on Kindle. Books such as Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, Miracles, The Weight of Glory, etc., are available now.

If you have never read C.S. Lewis, I recommend picking up either Mere Christianity (a defense of the faith from an intellectual perspective) or The Screwtape Letters (letters from the perspective of demons on trying to stop Christians). They are wonderful!

Martin

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thank you Martin for the information. I have already downloaded  K samples. I haven't read C.S. Lewis since High School (30 yrs), but I am looking forward to it THIS TIME.
You MUST have too much time on your hands; shouldn't you be changing diapers and wiping up stuff?  ;) ;)
Lettie

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Wheezie said:
You MUST have too much time on your hands; shouldn't you be changing diapers and wiping up stuff? ;) ;)
Lettie
LOL

Trust me, I'm changing more than enough diapers.

But there's always room for Kindle. ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Woo Hoo a free devotion book :)

Thanks for your post Martin, happy to see little Brianna won't keep you from KB. ;) I will definitely be getting the C.S Lewis books.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
You Can Make It Through The Dry Season
June 9th, 2009

It's a wonderful day to be a child of God. Have you ever wanted to give up on life? It seemed as though everything in life was going wrong for you. It appeared as if everything you touched turned upside down. You find yourself questioning yourself. "Where have I gone wrong?" "What have I done to deserve this?" "Will it ever get better?" Have you ever found yourself wondering how much more you could handle? Just when you get one side nailed down, the other side popped up. Your life appears as a roller coaster. Up and down, down and up. Are you at a point in your life where your surroundings appear unfamiliar? Nothing nor no one can be recognized. The old way of doing things no longer works for you. What do you do now?

Today, I have been commissioned to come and minister to you. What do you do when you want to walk away? What do you do when you feel like giving up on life and your dreams? What do you do when you stop believing in yourself? My friend, You Can Make It Through The Dry Season. No matter what the enemy has said to you, God can pull you through. No matter what your peers believe, God can use you for greatness. Read Lamentations 3:22-23. Do you remember the many nights God comforted you? Do you remember the days you worried about finances and your health? It was the Lord who provided for you, as well as healed your body. There are times when giving up seems easy to do. There are times when walking away from the assignment God gave you becomes desirable. Be that as it may, you are chosen by God. You have been hand-selected by God Almighty. You cannot quit. You cannot bow to the enemy.

My brother, my sister, You Can Make It Through The Dry Season. I know how it feels to become discouraged. I know how it is to feel unappreciated. In spite of it all, God has been faithful to us. Yes it can become tiresome. Yes it can be draining on your body. Yes crying becomes regular. Read Psalm 30:5 Beloved, your dry season is just a season. It will not last always. You will recover from this. God did not choose you to leave you. Do you still believe in the power of God? Do you still believe you are anointed? A dry season cannot and will not overtake you, if you remember God is able. You must remember the same God who pulled you out of the fire before, is the same God who can and will do it again. You Can Make It Through The Dry Season. I challenge you today to not give up until you have completed the course. If He is God enough to bring you to the storm, He is God enough to take you through it. Prayer for Today: Father, help me trust and depend upon You when things seem impossible. I know You are able to do the impossible. I believe in You, in Jesus' name … Amen!

Scripture Reading for Today: Matthew 19:26

May God Bless You at Your Point of Need!

I thought this was an excellent devotion.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mwvickers said:
I wasn't sure where to put this, so it can be moved if necessary.

For any of you who read C.S. Lewis' books, many of them are now available (or will soon be available) on Kindle. Books such as Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, Miracles, The Weight of Glory, etc., are available now.

If you have never read C.S. Lewis, I recommend picking up either Mere Christianity (a defense of the faith from an intellectual perspective) or The Screwtape Letters (letters from the perspective of demons on trying to stop Christians). They are wonderful!

Martin
Thank you for these recommendations, Martin. I will have to give them a go.

Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Woo Hoo a free devotion book :)

THANK YOU!!! Woo Hoo! I love a free devotional!!

And thank you so much for sharing that devotion for today. I tend to get suspicious when things are going "too right" for me. Satan is always trying to knock me down. So when things start going right, I think "What's up with this??"

A question I had from a reading of a few days ago: In 2 Samuel 21:18 it speaks of Sibbecai the Hushathite struck down Saph, who was one of the descendants of the giants. Are they referring to the Nethinim from before the Flood who were the offspring of the fallen angels who came down to earth and cohabited with women? If so, weren't all these Nethinim killed during the Flood? And I was under the impression that after the Flood, it was no longer possible for fallen angels to do that, to take on human form and cohabit with women. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How appropriate was today's Psalm!!!

Psalm 127
A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. A psalm of Solomon.
1 Unless the Lord builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
guarding it with sentries will do no good.

2 It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to his loved ones.

3 Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
4 Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
5 How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.

Italics mine.
Today we read about the Temple's construction & that was in the Psalm.

And when I read about children being a blessing from God, I thought of our Martin.

I thought this picture of the Temple was very interesting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The, Temple is such a great study. I have that ESV Study Bible that pic is from. Lets hope for its rebuilding soon!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts