Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after haunting the Amazon boards for months, after several failed attempts to purchase a kindle a little cheaper on eBay, the Oprah Code was too much! I have finally ordered my Kindle.

About me: teacher ... have cats ... ummm, teacher ... oh, love to read! Sadly my love affair with books had waned over the past few years (too much time reading student's writing, which is atrocious), so the kindle will add new spice to my life as it were. Oh, and traveling ... like to travel, don't do it enough.

I live in Milwaukee, WI, but since I ordered my Kindle last night at about 11:00pm (CDT) my kindle probably still lives in a warehouse somewhere. I understand it is moving soon. I understand it will go from a big, spacious warehouse to a small stuffy truck. Then from a small stuffy truck into my home. ;D

When I logged in to "Manage My Kindle" Amazon had names my Kindle "James's Kindle". how uninspiring. During one of the naming posts on the Amazon Forum, I had decided to name my Kindle Hythloday, from Thomas More's Utopia, one of the many classics I plan to download and read again.

Other than that, not much to say. I am just waiting .......... waiting ....... waiting ....

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi James,
Welcome to the klub. I love to read and I love cats, have 4 so we have something in common. I am a nurse and live in AL. Oh did I mention that I absolutely LOVE my Kindle, her name is Ruby because she is a gem and wears a red koat. Waiting is the hardest part but well worth it.

Happy Kindling!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Jim! Glad to have you here.

I saw your post on Amazon this morning -- I'm happy to have you join us!

The waiting is the worst. I ordered my first Kindle during the big backlog and had to wait a month. I thought I'd go bonkers.

If you've gotten the welcome message with the name Jame's Kindle, you can change it already. Just go to Amazon and "Manage My Kindle" and change it there. The first time the Whispernet goes on, it will rename itself.

L

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, they "shipped" my kindle on Saturday.  By shipped I mean told UPS to come get it.  I will be stalking my kindle on the UPS tracking site until it arrives!

B

·
0 Posts
Jim, that sounds like my story. I did free shipping and it got to me in 3 days from that message. One day from when it actually got to sending Post Office.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Jim!  You'll absolutely love your Kindle when you get it.  I for one have read more in the almost month that I've had my Kindle than I've read in the last year!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome Jim. I am still waiting on my Kindle... it is currently touring the US and should arrive in TX Monday or Tuesday!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome, Jim! Hopefully the wait won't be too painful.

Spend the time finishing off a dead-tree book, so you don't feel you have to wait to start in on Kindle reading. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts