Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I just ordered Kindle 2 and I have a Kindle 1.  I hope I don't have buyer's remorse after it arrives.  I'm a little scared because it's so much money! I just could not help myself.  I also preordered the roof of heaven cover from Oberon.  I currently have the world tree on my Kindle 1.  I'm not sure what to do with the Kindle 1.  Either of my daughters would take it but I can't single one out.  Also my mom is not a techie but I could gift it to her.  It would save her a ton of money.  Or I could sell it.  What to do what to do? 

Holly ???

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Take a deep breath.  We can work this out.
;D

If you're mom isn't a techie and won't enjoy it, and you don't want to appear to have a favorite daughter, my personal opinion would be to sell it.  You can use the money (whatever you get for it) to offset the cost of the new one.  Several people are selling here on the buy/sell/barter board and including covers in their final price.  I believe I also saw some on amazon this weekend that included a cover
Either way, since it's your decision to make, you can't make a wrong one.
(Breath out, btw, if you've been holding it all this time.)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You could;

1. Give it to one daughter and for the rest of your life hear the other daughter say her sister was your favorite.

2. Buy another kindle so each girl has her own. 

or

3. Give it to your mother take the time to show her how to use it and be prepared to answer her questions when she asks no matter how many time she may make the same mistakes.

Tessa

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congrats on your K 2 Holly.  :)

1. If one daughter is a reader and the other is not easy decision, if both of readers you would need to buy another Kindle

2. If your  Mom loves to read you could teach her although my Mom is strictly DTB.s Interest in Kindle... notta

3. If you need the $ to help pay for your new purchase sell it.

I was very afraid I would have buyer's remorse but I didn't and happily shipped my Klassic to her new home and excited owner the day after receiving my K 2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the good advice!  I called my mom and told her I had a surprise for her and then explained what it was.  She seems very curious .... doesn't even know what it is ...... but she is a HUGE reader and spends a ton on new release hardbacks and is very interested in saving money on that ...... so I did overnight shipping for the K2 and when she comes on Wednesday I'll give her a brief lesson and see what she thinks.  If she doesn't like it I will sell it.  I'm so excited about the K2 I could just die.  Amazon order status still says shipping soon with delivery of 3/3!  I will be glad when I see a tracking number!

Holly

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
khttk98 said:
Thanks for all the good advice! I called my mom and told her I had a surprise for her and then explained what it was. She seems very curious .... doesn't even know what it is ...... but she is a HUGE reader and spends a ton on new release hardbacks and is very interested in saving money on that ...... so I did overnight shipping for the K2 and when she comes on Wednesday I'll give her a brief lesson and see what she thinks. If she doesn't like it I will sell it. I'm so excited about the K2 I could just die. Amazon order status still says shipping soon with delivery of 3/3! I will be glad when I see a tracking number!

Holly
Okay I'll weigh in and confuse the issue. I have a K1 and a K2. I' using my K2 as my purse and travel Kindle and my K1 is home sitting on my nightstand. I always read before bed so now I have 2 Kindles and don' have to keep changing my Kindle from purse to bedroom and back. With the sych feature it' s seamless reading and I love having two. Keep them both you won't regret it. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Okay I'll weigh in and confuse the issue. I have a K1 and a K2. I' using my K2 as my purse and travel Kindle and my K1 is home sitting on my nightstand. I always read before bed so now I have 2 Kindles and don' have to keep changing my Kindle from purse to bedroom and back. With the sych feature it' s seamless reading and I love having two. Keep them both you won't regret it. :)
If I end up buying a K2 that is exactly what I plan to do! :) I love my "tech-y things" and don't think I could part with my K1....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts