Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???

Okay, I have been a Prime member for probably as long as they've had it.  Since I maintained my status mainly to save on the shipping of books and I don't ever plan on ordering another DTB, I don't plan on renewing it.  Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I signed up for the Prime promo and took advantage of it for a couple of Christmas presents for the grandkids, but decided the $70+ for keeping it wasn't worth it for me. I don't order that much from Amazon, that I think it would really pay for itself. If I was a power buyer... then I might reconsider. Most of my purchases now are Kindle related, and there is no shipping involved!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I do a lot of purchasing on Amazon besides books, but never went for Prime.  It doesn't work for used books and a lot of other items I buy.  I always went for the free shipping for books and videos and anything else that was eligible.  It's easy enough to spend $25 at a time and I don't mind the wait.  Nine times out of ten, I got my order within a week anyway.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've been Prime for almost a year, and I love it. Yesterday I got Wall-E on DVD, today my new microphone arrived, and tomorrow my new booklight will show up. I like not having to shop in stores anymore.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I've been a prime member since they first offered it (was there even a free trial for a while? That seems to ring a bell). My renewal date is March and to be honest, I will probably reconsider this year. If I was a totally compulsive person I would keep track of all my shipping and how much I am saving, etc. I didn't, of course. I am using it less but even so, in the long run, I suspect that $79 is still worth it.

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
I've been a prime member since they first offered it (was there even a free trial for a while? That seems to ring a bell). My renewal date is March and to be honest, I will probably reconsider this year. If I was a totally compulsive person I would keep track of all my shipping and how much I am saving, etc. I didn't, of course. I am using it less but even so, in the long run, I suspect that $79 is still worth it.

L
They still have the free trial. It keeps popping up when I order, but I'm happy to get free shipping and wait.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:

L
I could get on Oberon cover for that price!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just signed up for my free trial, I ordered a couple of kid books yesterday am and got them TODAY! 
(see my "read aloud to kids" thread in the book section here)
I am also planning on doing all my Christmas shopping through amazon in the next two weeks,
but for $70 don't know if I will actually keep it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
No prime for me. I used to just let the books stack up until I had enough to get free shipping, because I am incredibly cheap! Now that I have my Kindle, there's even LESS of an incentive for me to sign up for Prime.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm with you, Jesslyn. I've had Prime since day 1, but don't think that I'll renew. I've been monitoring my purchases since Kindle and think that I will be better off accumulating $25 at a time and waiting for delivery. Was sure nice when I was ordering lots of DTBs, though.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I've used prime for a couple of years now and my renewal is this month. I've already decided to renew though, because I buy so much more than books from Amazon. I hate shopping in stores and do as much as I can online, and get a lot of electronics and housewares and stuff like that through Amazon -- prices are usually equal to or less than other places and with free fast shipping, it's a real deal. Especially the "fast" part - I get so impatient to get my stuff.  :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I signed up for the Prime trial, just after I got my Kindle, I was actually hoping it would up grade the shipping on my not yet shipped K. It did not and I got my K in just a couple of days anyway. It was handy, as I ordered a few accessories but I have canceled the upgrade cause I just do not seeing using it enough in the future, especially now that I have a Kindle, to warrant the expense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts