Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???

Okay, I have been a Prime member for probably as long as they've had it.  Since I maintained my status mainly to save on the shipping of books and I don't ever plan on ordering another DTB, I don't plan on renewing it.  Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I order most gifts and books for my grandkids from Amazon so I will renew mine, always get my moneys worth out of it.  :) Shipping costs add up quickly & I can use that $$$ for more Kindle accessories.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I signed up for the Prime promo and took advantage of it for a couple of Christmas presents for the grandkids, but decided the $70+ for keeping it wasn't worth it for me. I don't order that much from Amazon, that I think it would really pay for itself. If I was a power buyer... then I might reconsider. Most of my purchases now are Kindle related, and there is no shipping involved!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I do a lot of purchasing on Amazon besides books, but never went for Prime.  It doesn't work for used books and a lot of other items I buy.  I always went for the free shipping for books and videos and anything else that was eligible.  It's easy enough to spend $25 at a time and I don't mind the wait.  Nine times out of ten, I got my order within a week anyway.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've been Prime for almost a year, and I love it. Yesterday I got Wall-E on DVD, today my new microphone arrived, and tomorrow my new booklight will show up. I like not having to shop in stores anymore.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I've had Prime since they came out with it. I'll probably renew it. I still buy books for the kids and movies for us and for my parents.  It's more than paid for itself. My parents often call me and ask me to order them this or that..Why they can't get on and order themselves is still a mystery to me though.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I've been a prime member since they first offered it (was there even a free trial for a while? That seems to ring a bell). My renewal date is March and to be honest, I will probably reconsider this year. If I was a totally compulsive person I would keep track of all my shipping and how much I am saving, etc. I didn't, of course. I am using it less but even so, in the long run, I suspect that $79 is still worth it.

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
I've been a prime member since they first offered it (was there even a free trial for a while? That seems to ring a bell). My renewal date is March and to be honest, I will probably reconsider this year. If I was a totally compulsive person I would keep track of all my shipping and how much I am saving, etc. I didn't, of course. I am using it less but even so, in the long run, I suspect that $79 is still worth it.

L
They still have the free trial. It keeps popping up when I order, but I'm happy to get free shipping and wait.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:

L
I could get on Oberon cover for that price!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been a Prime member for several years now.  I buy a LOT from Amazon so it's definitely worth it for me.  I don't think I'll be canceling it this year, at least.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just signed up for my free trial, I ordered a couple of kid books yesterday am and got them TODAY! 
(see my "read aloud to kids" thread in the book section here)
I am also planning on doing all my Christmas shopping through amazon in the next two weeks,
but for $70 don't know if I will actually keep it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
No prime for me. I used to just let the books stack up until I had enough to get free shipping, because I am incredibly cheap! Now that I have my Kindle, there's even LESS of an incentive for me to sign up for Prime.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm with you, Jesslyn. I've had Prime since day 1, but don't think that I'll renew. I've been monitoring my purchases since Kindle and think that I will be better off accumulating $25 at a time and waiting for delivery. Was sure nice when I was ordering lots of DTBs, though.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I've used prime for a couple of years now and my renewal is this month. I've already decided to renew though, because I buy so much more than books from Amazon. I hate shopping in stores and do as much as I can online, and get a lot of electronics and housewares and stuff like that through Amazon -- prices are usually equal to or less than other places and with free fast shipping, it's a real deal. Especially the "fast" part - I get so impatient to get my stuff.  :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I signed up for the Prime trial, just after I got my Kindle, I was actually hoping it would up grade the shipping on my not yet shipped K. It did not and I got my K in just a couple of days anyway. It was handy, as I ordered a few accessories but I have canceled the upgrade cause I just do not seeing using it enough in the future, especially now that I have a Kindle, to warrant the expense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts