Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo! Finally something useful from facebook!

Here's what I'm thinking of doing with it: making it go direct to my mailchimp and promoting it with facebook somehow. Is there a way to pay to promote it?

I really shouldn't be this giddy, It's shameful.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, here's the thing: I think fans of the series are more likely to find the Facebook page as opposed to regular people. Fans have probably already bought it, so I'll go with the mailing list option for now, see what happens ;)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Very cool! I'd forgotten to check to see if my CTA button had activated. Thanks for the reminder! I've also got an app for email sign ups though it's not as obvious.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What is this CTA button of which you speak? Feeling out of the loop on this. It's waft I get, though, for only checking in here every few days.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Claire Frank said:
Does this mean I'm going to have to make an author page as opposed to just using my profile? Ugh.... LOL
Not if you set it to your mailing list, Claire =)

Jarrett Rush said:
What is this CTA button of which you speak? Feeling out of the loop on this. It's waft I get, though, for only checking in here every few days.
You can now set up a call to action button on Facebook pages (not on profiles).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Where to send people is such a thorny question! I am currently sending them to my website where I have a mailing list signup at the top of the page and retailer links on the first page. Sending them to the Amazon page makes me feel like I'm not really in control as Amazon sometimes does weird stuff like having all the paperbacks placed more prominently than the ebooks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a Facebook page but have no where to send them ... yet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chris Fox said:
That's what I mean. I didn't set up a "page", I just have following enabled on my profile. It seemed like, with the changes FB made at the beginning of the year, limiting the reach of posts from a "page" unless you pay to boost them, it didn't make sense to have a page. I can get followers on my profile and then choose whether to make things I post public or just for friends. So my public posts are writing related or things that are fine to be "out there", but I can share more friend/family oriented stuff and my followers don't see it. But profiles don't get a CTA button...

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chris Fox said:
Oh, wow. That's cool. I've actually been using my page more frequently lately. And I just started a mailing list. This could come in handy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just got my Call to Action (Australia) yesterday! Yay! I set mine up to go to my mailing list, and have had 3 click throughs according to FB. Which if they actually signed up isn't bad?
I need to highlight more that subscribers get a freebie. I like what Rich set up, maybe  I should change my cover image! 

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice, Selina! Looks like it might be a global roll out?

I had six people sign up to my mailing list since implementing this button, though to be fair, I also made a FB post warning people it was their last chance to do so before release (they get a massive discount on the book for doing so--but only during a secret 24 hour window). Maybe not so secret on kboards, mind you, but everywhere else yes =P

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just changed my cover image to this, and got 15 new email sign ups in ten minutes. Fingers crossed it keeps going!
I'd been a bit annoyed about how hard FB was making it to reach people with updates, but if I can bring people to my own email list, that helps a lot!

ETA: the new subscribers just keep going up... it's like watching sales on a Bookbub day, I can't stop refreshing the page!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts