Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been debating on buying one for months... decided I would wait until after the holidays until I saw how backordered they are.

UGH! I have to wait until the end of Feb for it!

I think I will start accessorizing early! Can i also buy books before it ships - so i have plenty of content ready to go?

G

·
Yes, TM, as soon as you have one listed on your Manage My Kindle page you can start lining up content for it (samples and books). When it arrives and you start it up for the first time as soon as Whispernet connects your content will download.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LuckyRainbow!

I promised myself I would not buy another paper book (unless it was an absolute must read and no Kindle version)... and didnlt think i could handle going 3 months or so without purchasing a book - major withdrawals. At least way i can buy a new one... just have to wait to read it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase TM and welcome to KindleBoards. We will gladly keep you company while you wait for delivery!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi TM !

Glad you ordered one and are starting to "feed" your Kindle passion  ;D

Unbelievable wait yet you will have plenty of support here.  Check out the "Official Waiting-for-my-Kindle" thread in Let's Talk Kindle.

Feel free to stash samples - it's a great way to learn about books and authors you just might have an interest in so you'll have plenty to look forward to when your Kindle actually arrives. 

Cheers,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi TM, welcome....

Sorry about the long wait but congrats on ordering your Kindle. This is a good and supportive therapy group. We'll do our best to make the time pass quickly.

L

G

·
Howdy.

Sorry to hear about the long wait.  I have a feeling that it will only go higher than lower for a while.  That shouldn't affect you though.  Once they give out an estimated date, they stick to it.

The really good news is almost everyone that ever ordered a kindle gets it before it's estimated arrival date.  There are only a few exceptions.  Mine was estimated to arrive Dec1-4 and I got it Nov21!

While I was waiting, I ordered several books for it, set up several samples to download as well.  Then i read the user manual PDF file at the Amazon site.

Oh as you get used to the forum, check out the free books section.  There are several sites out there that offer free books for Kindles.  Most of them are classics.  A good book is a good book no matter when it was written.  Free is always good.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!  I am already getting anxious!

I also am kicking myself for waiting to order it...  but I never figured it would have such a long wait time. Yes, had been periodically checking the Amazon page.

I do hope it comes early, esopecially since I will be flying to Vegas very early on the 25th (and I so need it before I leave!).

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Yay! Welcome future kindler! Now that you have ordered your kindle...its best to save up for your future one click addiction.
Good advice. We certainly know about that. Start shaking the couch cushions for loose change.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I bought mine during the "Oprah Frenzy" - $50 off - I got it in a week -
  You will like it - it is an excellent device - I use the mighty bright light - I still have the original cover - although Oberon makes some pretty ones - Look up the thread on free books - there are 2 places - where you can download the catelogue - and then download free books directly ( manybooks.net and feedbooks -
You can start downloading books from amazon once its registered - you don't have to actually have it. You can start bookmarking the books you intend to download.
Its good to get an SD card for it - I use 2gb card. I downloaded a bunch of free mp3 classical music files for it from amazon - (it also plays music )
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Jeff said:
I bought a Kindle and Leslie's FAQ for my wife today. The email from Amazon said we could expect it on March 2nd. Harvey, I used your links on the bottom - make sure you get credit for the sale. :)

Jeff
Jeff you are a great hubby!!

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Leslie said:
Congratulations, Jeff!
Thanks, Leslie. This one's for my wife.

Amazon pays my affiliate commissions and royalties in Amazon gift credits so I won't be ordering a Kindle for myself until I've accumulated enough. (Assuming I live that long.)

I'm really enamored with the whole eBook process and have spent way too much on Mobipocket books. I have to admit to a silly giggle when I bought your book, however. It was my first Kindle purchase.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jeff said:
I'm really enamored with the whole eBook process and have spent way too much on Mobipocket books. I have to admit to a silly giggle when I bought your book, however. It was my first Kindle purchase.

Jeff
Ah, thank you!

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
TM said:
I have already been buying books for it! :eek:
How about accessories??? I'm surprised that Betsy hasn't mentioned them yet ;)

Jeff said:
I bought a Kindle and Leslie's FAQ for my wife today. The email from Amazon said we could expect it on March 2nd. Harvey, I used your links on the bottom - make sure you get credit for the sale. :)

Jeff
What an awesome hubby you are Jeff :))

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.