Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting quite a bit of traffic this morning, which bogged down our servers for the past 30 minutes.

I just rebooted, and increased our server memory. This should improve performance and reduce the frequency of those 500 Internal Server Errors we've been seeing. Sorry for the inconvenience!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thank you, Harvey.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
THANK YOU HARVEY!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm at the Met right now! What an amazing place.

And, almost as amazing, I was able to reboot our server from my iPhone while waiting in line to get in the Petit Cafe and Wine Bar.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You're a real Gem Harvey. I really appreciate all the work you do around here.

You know with all those 500 server errors I was going out of my mind trying to find my last few eggs. ;D ;D
Now I have only 2 to go, maybe I'll find them by next Easter.  :mad: :mad: ::) ::)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Harvey said:

And, almost as amazing, I was able to reboot our server from my iPhone while waiting in line to get in the Petit Cafe and Wine Bar.
Those server errors drove you to the wine bar, huh? LOL

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
MaineWriter said:
Those server errors drove you to the wine bar, huh? LOL

L
With his iPhone no less and the girls in tow - ewwwww

Thanks for watching out for us while you are supposed to be vacationing ;) love the pictures, keep 'em comin'

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Harvey said:

Multitasking to the fullest Harvey ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
ak rain said:
probly due to the egg hunt!
They've been on the Boards so long without being found they've turned rotten.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Appreciate the extra ooomph....but man, I've been getting a TON of server errors this morning. :(

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Steph H said:
Appreciate the extra ooomph....but man, I've been getting a TON of server errors this morning. :(
Yeah I have ony been able to log in for about 5 minutes today because of server errors

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been getting alot of errors today too... thought it was just me  :(

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry all, the boards have *not* been cooperating today. I just tripled our memory space which should alleviate this, and I also temporarily disabled our avatars while I get this sorted out.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. I'll keep you posted on any progress I make with this.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks Harvey!  That's one of the many reasons we love you!

And with your iPhone... gotta love those gadgets

A

·
0 Posts
Maybe we shouldn't have big events like the egg hunt if the servers can't handle the traffic. Would save poor Harvey a lot of headaches!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts