Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(THE BLACK DOUGLAS TRILOGY: Book III)

James, Lord of Douglas, known to his foes as the Black Douglas, leads a flank of the Scottish army in crushing a vast invading English force at the waters of the Bannockburn. Fresh from battle, James revels in honors heaped on him by the Scots and in the hatred of the enemy. When King Robert the Bruce orders him to push their advantage and force the English to the peace table, they both know the only way he can do so is by fire and the sword--the only language King Edward of England understands.

Only $3.99 for Kindle

Please note: For today and tomorrow only, Wed. and Thurs., the first novel in this series A Kingdom's Cost, a Historical Novel of Scotland (The Black Douglas Trilogy) is price reduced to 99 Cents.

·
Registered
525 Posts
LOVE the cover! That's epic! Sounds like a good story, hope it does great!

(Who does your covers? They're all pretty good, this one especially so in my opinion.)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KevinMcLaughlin said:
LOVE the cover! That's epic! Sounds like a good story, hope it does great!

(Who does your covers? They're all pretty good, this one especially so in my opinion.)
Thanks! I commissioned the art from military artist, Mark Churms and J. T. Lindroos did the cover design. I thought it turned out well. In fact, I love this one.

The congrats are much appreciated from everyone. This series was a real work of love, but I'm glad to have it finally done. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ya, nice cover, matches with the others. I'm sure it'll do well, however, you surprised me this morning.

Bleary eyed I scanned the left hand side of the boards and this is what my still tired eyes saw:

Re: Bargain Book - THE SEX MACHINE erotic romance Natalie Kristen Not for Glory, a Historical Novel of Scotland

I thought you'd created a whole new genre until I realized it was two different books :-\

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AnitaDobs said:
Ya, nice cover, matches with the others. I'm sure it'll do well, however, you surprised me this morning.

Bleary eyed I scanned the left hand side of the boards and this is what my still tired eyes saw:

Re: Bargain Book - THE SEX MACHINE erotic romance Natalie Kristen Not for Glory, a Historical Novel of Scotland

I thought you'd created a whole new genre until I realized it was two different books :-\
LOL That would be an interesting genre, too put it mildly!

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I have it in the wrong forum!!

I am soooo sorry, mods. Would you move it for me, please? Yikes. Honestly, I thought I was putting it in the Book Bazaar. Apparently finishing this novel cooked my brains.

ETA: And it does too make sense reporting your own post.  ::)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe the mods don't want to hear from me? When I try to report my own post I get this message:

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense! And since that post is very blatant self-promotion which I always criticize when other people do it, I did want to have it moved. But apparently I'll have to wait until a mod wanders by!

ETA: And they used a RUN-ON SENTENCE to refuse to hear from me. :p

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mathew Reuther said:
I've reported you for being naughty.

Feel chastened.
Or at least incompetent. You don't know the mess I made of publishing this which took most of the day to fix.

I have a new rule: do not hit publish at 3AM.

Thanks for chastening me. :eek:

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I saw this thread and thought, ??????  JRT knows better than this, LOL!

Moving now....
;D

Congratulations on the new book, Jeanne!

Betsy

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I saw this thread and thought, ?????? JRT knows better than this, LOL!

Moving now....
;D

Congratulations on the new book, Jeanne!

Betsy
Thanks, Betsy. I would have SWORN I was in the Book Bazaar when I posted it. :p

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Victorine said:
Beautiful cover! I'm sure this book will do really well. Congratulations!

This is the one that made you cry at the end while you were writing it, right? *sniff*

Good luck with it.
Thanks, Vicki. I thought the artist did a marvelous job, and yes, I did cry. :-[

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shayne Parkinson said:
It looks great, Jeanne! Best wishes for its success.
Thanks, Shayne. This is my favorite of all my covers. :)

And in case anyone is curious (which you may not be ;) ), the title comes from one of the most famous quotes in all of Scottish history from the Declaration of Abroath written in 1320, a quote any Scot would recognize:

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts