Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days I have had a major problem with the battery life on my K1.  When it first started...really quite suddenly, without any sort of warning, I assumed the original battery (in use since last August) had finally given up the ghost.  So I replaced it, and put the Kindle on the charger overnight.

Last evening I read for about two to three hours, at which point the battery icon indicated I had lost about 1/4 of the battery life (which seemed really quick to me).  I again charged the unit overnight.

This morning, I read for less than half hour, and was at 1/2 power per the icon.  I turned the unit off to check and make sure the battery connection was fully seated.  All was as it should be.  When I turned the unit back on, I was at 1/4 battery life.

:eek:

I only turn on whisper net when I'm actually downloading a book, which I haven't done in about two weeks, so I don't think it's anything to do with reindexing.

Any ideas?  I am FRANTIC!!!  I don't want Bemis to die!!! (I am also about 1/4 of the way through Pillars of the Earth, and wanted to read this weekend without being tethered to a power cord!)

Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Reset the Kindle using the pinhole reset under the back cover. The Kindle should be plugged in when you do this.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My K1 is doing the same thing this couple days. I did the hard reset but same. I changed to new battery but same... I have my K1 since last July.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts