Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk and hoopla of K2's alleged debut on Monday do you think we'll still be able to get replacement batteries for K1?  I've got 2 on order, but I'm starting to think they will NEVER show up!  Then what will K1 owners do?  Be forced to upgrade to K2 or buy 3rd party batteries?  I'm not sure that I'd trust the source if it's not from Amazon.  Thoughts?
Ruby

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had to use 3rd party batteries and they have all worked well.  Of course, Radio Shack is all sold out too.  I am waiting to get an additional one also.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Radio Shack sells the same battery.  It specifically says it's for the Kindle.  I haven't tried it but they do look identical and I think it would work just fine.  I also don't think that Amazon will leave everyone hangin'.  No worries.

·
Registered
657 Posts
OMG I just thought of something..
Say you have a K2 and only a K2 registered to your account and the battery dies. You send it to amazon for a replacement right? Well they would deregister the 1st one right? What happens to all your books?!?

Two ideas:

1. they deregister the 1st one as they send you a replacement that is now registered to your account so you don't lose your books

or worse scenario and I wouldn't put it past a company

2. you lose all the books and have to rebuy them making amazon more money!

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
chobitz said:
Say you have a K2 and only a K2 registered to your account and the battery dies. You send it to amazon for a replacement right? Well they would deregister the 1st one right? What happens to all your books?!?

Two ideas:

1. they deregister the 1st one as they send you a replacement that is now registered to your account so you don't lose your books

Anecdotal evidence suggests that your #2 scenario is unlikely. I've only ever heard of Amazon replacing Kindles by shipping new ones out immediately with a return label for you to ship the defective one back. Gotta think this policy would not change. There are numerous threads on this boards about how well people have been treated when something went wrong with their Kindles.

Ann

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick replies on the replacement battery issue.  I would trust one from Radio Shack if I could get my hands on one......I'm just worried they (Amazon) will run out of them before I get mine and then cease production once K2 is underway.  I guess I just have to keep the faith that Amazon won't leave us K1 owners high and dry.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
chobitz said:

Two ideas:

1. What makes you think they would trash a perfectly good Kindle that just needs a new battery?
2. How would you lose all your books anyway? The books are on the account.

I think you've been spending too much time in the "angry" thread ::)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
chobitz said:
That move would put Amazon out of business as a horde of very angry buyers told their friends, who told their friends, who told their friends, etc that Amazon could not be trusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts