Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had sporadic problems for awhile anytime I shop on Amazon's site for kindle books. I already spend a decent amount of time shopping on there and it's easier for me to just buy the books on their site, if they don't have it on kindle I will often times buy a paper copy. But the syncing leaves much to be desired. If I buy directly from the kindle I don't usually have a problem with downloading but it's so much easier to shop on their site. I don't have the problem if I purchase and have it sent directly to my iphone. This morning I spent way too much time trying to get the kindle to sync my new purchases. Would have been way faster to just DL the books to my computer and used the USB port. This is annoying. I can't send it back for replacement, it's over a year old. I had to do 2 resets this morning. I did finally get my new purchases on the kindle through syncing but it was time consuming, annoying and a PITA. It's not a signal issue, I get on the kindle store no problem.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Are the books not showing up in the Content Manager soon after you buy them?

If they are appearing in the Content Manager, are you unable to get them to transfer to the Kindle?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Additional question, do you have an SD card in the Kindle?  Some SD cards seem to create problems in some Kindles.  I know Vegas_Asian suddenly couldn't access any of her documents on her Kindle until she took her SD card out.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have an SD card, and it meets the specs Amazon suggests. It shows up on my Amazon account magage your kindle page as pending. I haven't checked if it shows up on the Kindle as as content on Amazon before, I'll check that next time I have an issue. What I've been doing is just telling it to check for purchases/sync repeatedly and it will eventually arrive.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
The next time you have trouble, you might try turning the K off, taking the card out and synching, just to see.  Vegas_Asian's card was working fine until it wasn't.

Betsy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.