Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Amazon Forums have been exploding w/ K1 vs. K2 Contrast concerns. Petitions, email campaigns, blogs & articles...
The K2 text is definitely lighter than the K1 text (most noticeable on fonts 1, 2, 3). This is a bad thing.

But is it a dealbreaker?  More like heartbreaker, since it didn't have to be this way... I'll stick w/ my beloved K2, but I do feel like the "magic" has disappeared, rather than the device (Bezos reference): Amazon done me wrong (w/ the lighter text), but you gotta "love the one you're with."

·
Registered
286 Posts
Trekker said:
So...after weeks of reading on my K2, I decided to read on my K1 this weekend. I could not believe the difference! The contrast on the K1 is so much better. The background is lighter and the letters are darker, much more preferable than my K2.

I'm kind of bummed now. While reading on the K2 isn't really a problem, it's definitely a bit annoying now that I realize what a big difference it is compared to the K1. :(

I don't think pictures can do it justice. I really don't feel like rolling the dice and asking for a replacement at this time because who knows if the new one will be any better.

I sure hope they can "fix" this with a software upgrade...and soon.
Hi Trekker,

I posted a comment very similar to yours a few weeks back. It's no longer a coincidence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts