Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had experience with a loose charging port on a K2? I purchased the K2 in Oct 2009 w/ square trade warranty. I've had no problems with the K2 except for recently I had a hard time charging the K2 unless I slightly move the cable around until the light comes on. I have 2 cables with the same issue - the charging cord is loose at the port.

Any suggestion or anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I haven't had that particular problem with my Kindle 2. But for a while it did give me some trouble when I tried to make a USB connection to my PC. (The connection just wasn't recognized -- or it would blip out before the transfer was finished.) It drove me crazy, and for a while I began thinking of my Kindle as an island which I couldn't reach (except via an e-mail which I'd have to pay Amazon to send.) Although what's weird is eventually that problem cleared up all by itself.

Anyways, I'm posting here because I think it's possible that the Kindle 2 port is a little problematic. You might try calling Amazon's technical support, because sometimes they're willing to issue a replacement Kindle -- even if your Kindle is outside of its warranty period. [And they might even upgrade you to a Kindle 3, since they're trying to get rid of those before the new Kindle 4s out this summer!]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts