Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share...I received this email from Andrea at Bobarra this week. If anyone is interested in K2 Covers, she now has them in stock and ready to ship. I love the look of her Jane Austen covers, but as I'm on a tight budget these days, I will have to wait on ordering, but offered to spread the word.

KC,
I just wanted to check in with you and let you know that the Kindle 2 covers are in stock and ready to ship. I also have a few styles that aren't on the website yet. They are the same style as the Thoreau style (no flap or tab) but come in a variety of prints (including the frog print, blue/brown batik, pink/green batik and blue/yellow flowers). Let me know if you are interested in placing an order for one of these or you can view the other styles online at:

www.bobarra.com

I hope that you are well!
:)
Andrea

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I bought one, way back for my K1. I love the look but there were function problems, I did not like the bulkiness and found it
uncomfortable to use while I read. It does look like they have made some changes to the design. Eliminating the pen holder (useless) and a new interior. I would suggest you purchase through Amazon (as I did) I was able to return mine, without a problem. Another person posted they bought one but was not happy and found out they could no return it...so I am guessing they bought it directly from them.

Here is a picture I took of mine, the closure was magnetized which was a good idea but did not always work. :-\ Also this interior color was not what they showed online, which was more of a coppery orange color.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Those are pretty classy looking covers.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Octochick said:
Another person posted they bought one but was not happy and found out they could no return it...so I am guessing they bought it directly from them.
That was me, and yes, I did order directly from them. Did want to say, though, that I gave it a try and got used to it -- I now prefer it over the original cover (which I thought I liked). :) So now I LOVE the Austen cover. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the look of these covers but was wondering how secure the kindle is in these covers. I have a Kindle 2 and the holders appear to be leather (not elastic) and if they do not produce a tight fit then I am afraid my kindle would fall out since the kindle 2 is so very thin.

Also was wondering if the magnets that are in some of the covers would cause any problems with the kindle.

Lastly I also noted that on the return policy that if you bought the cover directly from the website there is exchanges available but no full refund of your money so as others have suggested it is best to buy from Amazon so if you are dissatisfied you are able to receive a refund.

What do other people think about this especially those who own one of these covers?

Thank you for bringing this product to our attention.

·
Registered
556 Posts
ghum said:
I like the look of these covers but was wondering how secure the kindle is in these covers. I have a Kindle 2 and the holders appear to be leather (not elastic) and if they do not produce a tight fit then I am afraid my kindle would fall out since the kindle 2 is so very thin.
I have the K1, but mine is very secure in my Austen cover.

Also was wondering if the magnets that are in some of the covers would cause any problems with the kindle.
Nope!

Lastly I also noted that on the return policy that if you bought the cover directly from the website there is exchanges available but no full refund of your money so as others have suggested it is best to buy from Amazon so if you are dissatisfied you are able to receive a refund.
Yes - this is true re: the website.

When I got mine at first I thought I didn't like it, but after about 10 min using it I LOVED it. The magnets work really well and they hold the cover folded back as well as closed, so they do double duty. I really love mine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts