Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on Craigslist the other day and came across an ad asking for a demo of the K2.  So on Friday I'm going to take my new baby and show him off.  The guy said there will be about 10 people there who want to check it out.  We'll see how many new owners we have after that!

·
Registered
860 Posts
You're a good sport to do this for them.

I'm not very good at demoing because if someone wasn't already interested in the Kindle they usually respond with, "I can't imagine not touching the paper and the book itself."  Or some such nonsense.  I have given up talking about the Kindle with my family/friends (except my DH who is a K2 owner now!) unless they ask.  No more sharing because I'm excited!  :(

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you haven't already sold your K1, take it along.

You might find someone who will make you a good offer.

Of course, you may be like me and want to keep your K1 so you won't be without one if something goes wrong with your K2.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's good of you, stinsmom, but a cautionary note--just make sure it's in a public place and take a friend if you can. That said, have fun 'n make sure they at least pop for a coffee 'n danish.  ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks EV! I am meeting them at their office and Iknow the company where they work (it's a small town).  And they promised to buy me lunch!!  I'll let everyone know how it goes.  I'll be interested to see their reactions.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stinsmom said:
Thanks EV! I am meeting them at their office and Iknow the company where they work (it's a small town). And they promised to buy me lunch!! I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'll be interested to see their reactions.
Sounds like you are taking good precautions. Report back!

L

·
Registered
286 Posts
As always, Stinsmom, be careful, and have someone come with you.  I believe that although you're going to allow people to look at your kindle, humanity is not so perfect as it seems.  Craigslist is a great site to find many things, but also take precaution. 

Anyway, I write this with respect, and I hope people will admire your K2, and with their new purchase, have them join Kindleboards.com!  They don't have to pay for that one.  :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your concern.  It is much appreciated.  Everyone here is so wonderful!!  I will make sure to be very careful. 

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's very generous of you to be doing. I'm sure they will appreciate it, and you can spread the Kindle word.  :D

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Oh brave one  :D. I could not handle anyone pawing my Kindle. Just can't do it. I would constantly worry they press the buttons too hard, manhandle it. You know how some people just grab stuff and start pounding down on buttons and switches without thinking? The horror  ;D

Good for you though. Let us know how many converts you end up with  ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, unfortunately I had to postpone it to next Friday.  One of my moms went into labor and I've been at the hospital for about 34 hours now.  Thank goodness for my Kindle though!  It has certainly made the long wait more tolerable.

Oh, and if they do start manhandling my Kindle they better run and hide!  Nobody manhandles Nicodemus.  I'm not too worried though.  It sounds like they know a lot about it, just haven't seen one in person.  I would bet I get a few new converts after that.  I'll let you know how it goes next Friday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts