Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to manually update my @ software to 202, the the K2 won't show up on my mac under either Devices or Desktop. Any ideas....it's appeared before w/out problem.

BTW, the K2 screen shows USB Drive Mode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under Finder>Preferences>Sidebar>Devices  I didn't have "External Disks" checked so my mac wasn't displaying my K2.

The other thing I've realized in using my K2 w/ my mac is that any commands for the K2 through the mac are exceedingly SLOW. Every action seems to take forever to complete.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
rt2 said:
Under Finder>Preferences>Sidebar>Devices I didn't have "External Disks" checked so my mac wasn't displaying my K2.

The other thing I've realized in using my K2 w/ my mac is that any commands for the K2 through the mac are exceedingly SLOW. Every action seems to take forever to complete.
OK. Did you uncheck this at some point?

My K2 responds almost instantly to file transfers and dismounts with my MacBook, as opposed to the K1, which is very sluggish and sometimes takes 20-30 seconds to dismount.

Mike

·
Registered
400 Posts
rt2 said:
Under Finder>Preferences>Sidebar>Devices I didn't have "External Disks" checked so my mac wasn't displaying my K2.

What kind of commands? I use a K2 with my (intel core duo) iMac, running OS 10.5.6; I've not done anything unusual or anything but I've mounted the K2, copied files to and from it, and unmounted it, and nothing takes any longer than, for example, mounting my USB thumb drive, copying files to or from it, etc... I mean, it just takes a few seconds basically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.