Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my K2 download feature not like me?

When I first got Kendle (no I didn't spell it wrong that's his name) I tried downloading a few samples it took a bit but it worked fine. Now however, all of the free books I "bought" before K arrived that were on my K are now not in the archived items and if i click on a sample or buy a book it says its downloading, but doesn't. I still get charged for the book that doesn't download and I can transfer it from my comp to K, but it won't send. Am I missing a step?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, they are even in my delivery status for Kendle as pending, but I have full signal. I don't want to have to call amazon again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is that when I got my K1 it registered as a second device even though Amazon had already registered it.  I had to go into Amazon's Manage my Kindle and clean things up.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I'm gonna guess it's a combination of amazon's servers being busy -- this is the first Saturday since release, maybe the first time a lot of new K2 users have had time to really play with it -- and the K2 needing to do some indexing which it might have been doing as downloading was happening, slowing both operations. 

But who knows!  At least you've got it all now.  I would suggest leaving it plugged in until everything is indexed.  You should be able to find out if it's done indexing by searching for a fairly common word. . .when you get the results it'll tell you what content hasn't yet been indexed.

Ann

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree with the servers could just be too busy.  I have had problems with slow downloads on both my K1 and my husbands K2.  Hopefully it will straighten out in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts