Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a wonderful Amazon CS rep.  They told me some info about the K2 that we could all hopefully benefit from.

They told me that they have heard some feedback about the light colored fonts and that the more feedback they got the more it would be looked into.

Also - they said that they had told them about the screen saver issue in their training. They said that the ability was still there, just not accessible to the customer. They told me that if they get enough people requesting they may turn it back on. The CS said they would like it as well as they too were tired of Poe, Oscar and friends.

So - we all need to send feedback to Amazon requesting these two things as well as anything else we feel should legitimately be added or fixed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
I just got off the phone with a wonderful Amazon CS rep.
They told me that they have heard some feedback about the light colored fonts and that the more feedback they got the more it would be looked into.
Yesterday I sent an email to their feedback address about this very issue. I got back a reply that wasn't an automated one-size-fits-all "We received your email and we appreciate your feedback" . . .

Anyone who has a problem with the font being not as black as on the Kindle Klassic, please email them about it. (this sounds like one of those internet hoaxes that ends with "send this email to everyone you know" :D :D :D )

Here's their reply

Kathie

Hello,

Thank you for writing about the text shade of Kindle 2.

Strong customer feedback
like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. I'll send your comments to the Kindle team.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon Kindle.

Best regards,

Lakshmi

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunflower42479 said:
So would they make the changes through wispernet? Or are these things that they are considering for K3?
From what I've seen this would be a software update through whispernet and would upgrade your software. As LatJoe pointed out if we all give strong feedback to Amazon - we should let them know and hopefully they will fix it. The CS's seem to feel that the Kindle programmers listen to our input.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well I'm hopeful. Changing a font and turning on a screensaver feature that already exists are simple things they can easily do.  I'll be sending my feedback.

·
Registered
615 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
I just got off the phone with a wonderful Amazon CS rep. They told me some info about the K2 that we could all hopefully benefit from.

That's the 2nd time I've heard this today. Yay! I sent the feedback 3 notes about this.
Referred them to very angry threads and a bunch of promises to return the k2 though they loved it otherwise. Someone put up a picture to show the differences in his but it was very greenish so I made a small gallery to show that and then to show the green removed so that technical or sales people wouldn't say it was the green tint that did it. With both of them gray, the K2 WAS darker. I sent that to feedback also.

That's at http://www.pbase.com/andrys/tempkindle

(Currently, my Comcast in San Francisco area cannot get google or yahoo or any anything
with routers in the east coast, so I don't know if that URL will work right now. It's been
2 hours w/o access to google or yahoo, but I can get huffingtonpost.com and
Kindleboards!)

They sent a thank you for the forum info and said that their focus is on making the customer experience as good as possible so they would forward it. Usual boilerplate but modified a bit. Before, they ignored my notes about the dark gray and light fonts reported by so many with no acknowledgement by Amazon reps that this could even be possible. Of course it could; it was also true with the K1 for some people.

I do wonder if some of them improve with time. I know that mine was quite a bit darker at first side by side and the text almost light-brown at times in normal daylight (when next to the K1, which was gorgeously dark) and then it seemed to get better slowly and yesterday the difference was almost not visible. I tried this in several areas of the house. They both had similar screen brightness and nicely-dark fonts! Go figure. BEFORE, some of the letters were so bad that you could see that parts of the characters were not filled in, like bad type. I relayed that too. So it may be something that can burn in a bit in the Kindle 2, at least in mine.

Also - they said that they had told them about the screen saver issue in their training. They said that the ability was still there, just not accessible to the customer. They told me that if they get enough people requesting they may turn it back on. The CS said they would like it as well as they too were tired of Poe, Oscar and friends.
Lordy yes. In fact, give me the option of not having the ones I don't like to see. But rolling our own can be fun. What happens with the user tips that are on the bottom. Will those stay there? I think they're useful for newbies or for people who find your Kindle!

So - we all need to send feedback to Amazon requesting these two things as well as anything else we feel should legitimately be added or fixed.
They do encourage us to send them feedback. Thanks for the good news!

K1 - [email protected]
K2 - [email protected]

·
Registered
615 Posts
#1  - Another thing I want back more than screensaver customization is

alt-next page and alt-prev page !

I can't stand having to go one page at a time or having to mess with Go to Location each time.

It's the closest thing to flipping pages instead of molasses browsing.

Oh, life is so tough for us, isn't it.  :)

#2  -  I want an option to turn off dictionary-hover.  It holds back the quicker movement of the 5-way and most of us do know most of the words on the page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts