Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
They can do it; I called to have mine special ordered that way due to a mild wool allergy.  I do advise that because they've been so busy with all the Kindle orders, you call, verify (get a name--I forgot that part), and then follow up with an email to make certain there's no question of it.

When I did my follow up mail last week to confirm, I received back a note from Don that my cover had been started on Tuesday and that they were leaving the wool off.  I will post pics once it arrives.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
VictoriaP said:
They can do it; I called to have mine special ordered that way due to a mild wool allergy. I do advise that because they've been so busy with all the Kindle orders, you call, verify (get a name--I forgot that part), and then follow up with an email to make certain there's no question of it.

When I did my follow up mail last week to confirm, I received back a note from Don that my cover had been started on Tuesday and that they were leaving the wool off. I will post pics once it arrives.
Will they use a different fabric in place of the wool then? Or will you have just the leather "bare"?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I've left it up to them, but my assumption is bare leather.  I'd doubt they're going to pick up a different type of padding for just one order.

Right now, my Kindle is in an old day planner; the edge of one pocket on the inside front cuts straight across the screen.  There's no padding whatsoever, just a fairly rigid cover encased in a hard leather.  There's been absolutely no issue with it in the two weeks it's been in there, no effect on the screen, no scratches, nothing.  From what I hear, the Amazon cover isn't exactly padded either.

I figure if that can't hurt it, it's unlikely the Oberon will even without the felt.  And if I feel it needs padding when it gets here, I'll just keep a piece of microfiber fleece handy that I can throw between the screen & the cover; it will be useful for cleaning too. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts