Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I sort my books (only 10 so far I am nearly virginal) by author's name.
The listing is not alphabetical, it is in part, but not truly/fully.

This seems odd to me.

Does someone understand... what I am apparently not getting?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
106 Posts
Someone on an earlier thread said this has something to do with how the publishers enter in the metadata for the eBook.

·
Registered
795 Posts
ELDogStar said:
When I sort my books (only 10 so far I am nearly virginal) by author's name.
The listing is not alphabetical, it is in part, but not truly/fully.

This seems odd to me.

Does someone understand... what I am apparently not getting?
It seems to depend on whether the data entry person chose the author's first name or the author's last name to alphabetize by. This has driven me crazy since the first day I had my K1. If you have more than one book by the same author (a series) you are likely to find half of them under the first name and the rest under the last name. Grrrrr!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had the same thing happened but haven't had time to look into what to do.  I have a book and a sample by Stephen King, and they sort correctly by author, but Ur, the short story, is almost at the end, I believe alphabetized by "S" instead of "K."  I'll check w/Amazon.  Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just talked to one of the Kindle CS reps, and he thanked me for bringing the incorrect metadata issue to their attention.  He's going to look into the books I'd mentioned (Stephen King: UR, David Emberson: The Kindle Cookbook, a sample of Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn, and a sample of The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber, in case any of you have these).  I wish there was a way to correct Kindle book metadata ourselves, but he didn't mention one.  I'd love to do it myself if possible, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts