Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to try moving files over via the USB cable and found that every time I’d connect up the Kindle windows explorer would hang. The moment I pull the USB cable everything comes back up and runs fine. I’ve tried rebooting the PC, resetting the Kindle, tried all my USB ports. I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

I’m running an HP m8150n, Vista Ultimate 32bit, Service Pack1, IntelCore 2quad CPU 2.4Ghz, 3GB RAM.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
There are some Vista compatibility issues. Is it hanging before or after you transfer the files?

If it is happening after, don't use the "safely remove hardware" option, instead use the "eject" option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hangs as soon as I plug the USB cable in. It never gets to updating the drive with a new name (I imagine "Kindle") in the explorer list. I've left it up to 30min waiting for it to "think" and catch up, no luck.
I haven't had the chance to actually move anything over yet. I'm not above sending it for the 10cents to the other email. I'd just like to be able to play around with it some.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My machine has two USB's on the front and 4 in the back.  Its not uncommon at all for most anything (that also charges from the port) that I plug into the front to generate an message stating something to the effect that "...has overloaded the power on USB port..."
Most devices just didn't work (wouldn't load) and some would occasionally hang the machine.

The ports in the back ALWAYS worked and always worked correctly -- I rarely if ever use the front ones anymore.

Have you tried a different USB?  Its been my experience that the Universal in Universal Serial Bus ain't always so Universal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts