Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I organize my K1 by using SD cards.  Less clutter on the Home Page to sort through; and better for indexing.
Does anyone who has the K2 who had (or still has) the K1 miss the SD card capability?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have only had a k2 and never a k1 so I can't say that I miss it but I would have loved if it would have been a feature they kept along on the k2.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sjc said:
I organize my K1 by using SD cards. Less clutter on the Home Page to sort through; and better for indexing.
Does anyone who has the K2 who had (or still has) the K1 miss the SD card capability?
Not really. But I wasn't big on organizing with the SD card on my K1, either.

L

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the K1 & K2. I miss the SD card. I used it more for controlling who could access particular books than for organization. I have 2 kids, both are readers. They only get to read on the K1. Otherwise, I would have to delete a lot of books from my K2 or DX before I would feel comfortable letting the kids use them.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I got k1 in Dec. 07, and k2 on launch. I didnt miss the SD when i used k2, which ive since sold. I'm back on my k1, until i decide if I want a DX, and have an SD cad, but dont use it.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I put the SD card in my K1, and I only used it once to make a screenshot.... Nope, don't miss it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have both a K1 and K2. I have never used a SD card with my K1, but I don't use either of my K's for storing books I've already read. I use my PC (and Amazon backs up my AZ purchases) for that, and I back up to a thumb drive periodically. The only books that are on my home page are samples, and books that I haven't read yet, or are in the process of reading. I try to keep it to 3 pages or less.

I hope this helps in some way.  :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I had the K1 and only used the sd card once. I really don't miss it at all, but having folders isn't that interesting to me either. With the K2, you have a folder called archives and all of your books are listed there. I think it is easier to view and see all of my books from the archives folder.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
My 1st Kindle was a K2,however,the SD card was 1 of the reasons I bought a very gently used K1.I haven't used a SD card with it yet though.

I think the SD card option is a good one though,and I sure it comes in handy :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also use SD cards for organizing my books with my K1.  Somehow I feel "safer" with them on the cards, rather than out there in the Amazon cloud...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
ricky said:
I also use SD cards for organizing my books with my K1. Somehow I feel "safer" with them on the cards, rather than out there in the Amazon cloud...
I was wondering about that. If you have them also on your SD card can all your books be read on another Kindle or ereader? Or anything else with an SD slot?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I was wondering about that. If you have them also on your SD card can all your books be read on another Kindle or ereader? Or anything else with an SD slot?
Not if the books are from Amazon. If you try to open it, you'll get a message to contact Customer Service.

L

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never used the SD card in my Kindle 1 which I've owned since Jun 08.  I now have a DX and if I feel that I need to manage my books I will copy the books to my laptop that has an automated backup routine to an external backup drive.  I feel safer with that policy more than miniature card that is smaller than my thumbnail.  As to the "cloud", I feel comfortable with that because I have kept my e-receipts of my purchases so if ever my account would become corrupt I can prove my purchases and Customer Service can fix any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts