Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night, I used my K2 as "usual" (I've only had it about 2 days). I usually use it with whispernet turned off unless I think I need it, to conserve battery. When I finished reading, I put it to sleep and went to sleep myself.

This morning, I go to wake it up...and it won't wake up. When I slide the power button, the screensaver or whatever still stays. If I slide it again, the screensaver changes (as if I had turned it on and then off again). I've done this a few times, tried waiting after I've turned it on for a while, tried pressing home or next when it's supposed to be on...I've also tried resetting it. Nothing has worked. So now my kindle is basically a pretty picture display.

Can anyone help with this?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm so sorry you're having this problem.  I do not have a K2, but I'm sure someone knowledgable will answer you shortly.
I did want to say welcome, and sorry your first post is not a happy one. 
Relax, take a deep breath.  There are wonderful folks here who an answer to just about any problem possible.
deb

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
reset? -  not pluged in hold power button over for 15 seconds.  CS has been very nice to me you could call and ask too. sorry this happened morning is my favorite time to read.
sylvia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Try plugging it in and letting it get a full charge again - only having it for 2 days it might have worn itself down indexing everything --

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was having the same problem when I found this thread.  I held the power button over for 15-20 seconds, and the Kindle reset within 30 seconds.  Hope this works for you too!  A week with my Kindle and it is now 2nd only to my iPhone! :-*

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
OMG, I was having this problem with my Kindle3. Holding the on/off button for 25 seconds totally got the charge light to come back on. Thank you so much for posting. I was going a bit crazy thinking my new Kindle had issues.  ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I was still having an issue and getting downright aggravated.  ??? So I called Customer Support and found out that the "official" Kindle covers (leather with the prongs and elastic band) are causing problems.  I had been using that cover, and now that I have discontinued using it - NO problems at all!  CS was very helpful and even issued me a refund for MORE than I paid for the cover so that I could get the lighted cover, which is supposed to correct the problem.  I am more than happy with this fix!  ;D  Will report back with how the new cover works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts