Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard a rumor that the 7th version of Kindle (to be released in 2018) will have a thin film color touch screen and will only be .125 inches thick. It will hold 100,000 books in internal memory, and another 3,000,000 books in a micro SD card. In addition you will be able to turn pages just by thinking about it. The battery is non replaceable, but it should last for 40 years. There are currently 4,000,000 ebooks available in the Kindle format, as opposed to 200,000 available for the Sony reader.

This is just a rumor, but my source was pretty good on his info for V6.

Steve

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's awesome!  I heard it will float in front of you so that you don't have to hold it when you're reading!  And you just blink to go to the next page or double-blink to go to the previous page.  I think I may hold out for the K7.

·
Registered
795 Posts
But does whispernet work in other galaxies??? Will I have to use the USB cable if I am off planet?!? And if so....what good is an upgrade like that??? I might as well save my pennies until K8 is released.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wisteria Clematis said:
But does whispernet work in other galaxies??? Will I have to use the USB cable if I am off planet?!? And if so....what good is an upgrade like that??? I might as well save my pennies until K8 is released.
Whispernet will work on the moon (but not Mars), and parts of San Diego.

Steve

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
stevene9 said:
I just heard a rumor that the 7th version of Kindle (to be released in 2018) will have a thin film color touch screen and will only be .125 inches thick. It will hold 100,000 books in internal memory, and another 3,000,000 books in a micro SD card. In addition you will be able to turn pages just by thinking about it. The battery is non replaceable, but it should last for 40 years. There are currently 4,000,000 ebooks available in the Kindle format, as opposed to 200,000 available for the Sony reader.

This is just a rumor, but my source was pretty good on his info for V6.

Steve
I heard it will have terrific smellavision ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
But does it have folders???

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Well, that might not be good.  My brain waves are not that reliable.  LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, if it doesn't have a replaceable battery, I'll just stick with my K1, lol!

·
Registered
33 Posts
all of this is old hat, the r&d guys are already working on the parauniversal version that will link directly across parralel univerisity. the only problem is that Dr Who has taken exception with using the Tardis Energy Flowstream to power the transfers. Amazon foolishly contracted Torchwood to handle the licencing negotiations with the good Dr. which immediately fell apart, as Torchwood charter includes taking possesion of the Tardis, and now they are claiming that these new developments for V7 plus, may put all future versions of the Kindle on thier dangerous devices list and are immediately and henceforth banned from availability in the UK

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Maybe it will have the words "Don't Panic" emblazoned on the cover that comes with it.

Come to think of it, that would be a sweet cover. I wonder if I could get the Oberon folks to make me one....

B

·
0 Posts
ProfCrash said:
Maybe it will have the words "Don't Panic" emblazoned on the cover that comes with it.

Come to think of it, that would be a sweet cover. I wonder if I could get the Oberon folks to make me one....
Beat me to it. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts