Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that today is the final day on which to access the Coinstar Holiday Bonus (a $10 credit if you redeem $40 worth of coins at their machine).

And the Ka-CHING! is because we gathered (from far and wide) all the coins we had in banks, jars, bowls, cars, etc. and scored a $472.91 credit for our Amazon account!  That's more Kindle books than we have remaining room on Bemis Dink!

What fun!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks for the reminder!  Sounds like you'll need to buy an SD memory card for all of those new book purchases!!  Way to go on the Ka-CHING!!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Wow, that's a heck of a lot of change. 

I went to coinstar this morning with my final batch of coins, only to find that the machine was full.  Fortunately, I had bills with me so I was able to get the last certificates I needed.  I think they also take debit cards, because there's a place to swipe a card.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you take out your entire account and ask for it in quarters then go to coinstar and deposit it back?

Holy crap that would've been genius, and you could do it again the next day and so on! Why didn;t I think of this sonner?

Meh, I'm not much of an opportunist.

G

·
Figment said:
Just a reminder that today is the final day on which to access the Coinstar Holiday Bonus (a $10 credit if you redeem $40 worth of coins at their machine).

And the Ka-CHING! is because we gathered (from far and wide) all the coins we had in banks, jars, bowls, cars, etc. and scored a $472.91 credit for our Amazon account! That's more Kindle books than we have remaining room on Bemis Dink!

What fun!
Did you get an extra $10.00 for every multiple of $40? KA-CHING!!! indeed!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Did you take out your entire account and ask for it in quarters then go to coinstar and deposit it back?

Holy crap that would've been genius, and you could do it again the next day and so on! Why didn;t I think of this sonner?

Meh, I'm not much of an opportunist.
I started doing that, then saw the slot for bills. They take singles, fives, tens, twenties.

Yes, Vampy, I'm getting four free $10 certificates. It's one per household, but my kids and mother will each send in one for me. They are all giving me cash for Christmas so I can pre-invest it in Amazon gift cards.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Oh wait, my first post didn't make any sense. I thought to Coinstar gave you $40 cash and then $10 for Amazon. But that would be too easily exploited.
If you get cash they charge you a little over 8%. If you get e-certs, and not just Amazon, there is no charge. So I will get $200 in Amazon gift cards with $40 of that being free. I love free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.