Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've all heard of AA (alcoholics anonymous).

We need KA (Kindlers anonymous). For those of us that break our budgets, no, make that destroy our budgets buying Kindle books and a multitude of accessories, we need to band together in a support group.

Someone can bake virtual chocolate chip cookies, and we will start each intro with "I am a Kindle addict, and I need help. I am under the thrall of Whispernet and I cannot resist her siren's song."  :D

Steve

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ProfCrash said:
ummm are we suppose to help reign in spending or help identify other books and covers that we all need?

I am confused.
Neither, just help each other to stay within our individual means.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My initials are KA. I thought y'all were going to talk about how wonderful I am. I'm so disappointed.  ;D

Anyway, I just figure the money I'm spending is to help stimulate the economy. I'm just doing my part to help.  ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
KimmyA said:
I just figure the money I'm spending is to help stimulate the economy. I'm just doing my part to help. ;)
Oh I use that excuse alllll the time. "Well I can't really afford a manicure, but spending money stimulates the economy, and it's supporting a small business too!"

·
Registered
860 Posts
I need to join. :-[  I got my first credit card statement since receiving my Kindle.  Oooops! 

Who knew little charges could add up so quickly? :eek:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Count me in. I bought several books yesterday because I'm traveling next week. Well that was my excuse anyway. I started getting emails from Amazon that my charges were not going through. I called the credit card company and they had put a security hold on my account. With one-click charging separate for each book, they flagged it as a possible stolen card. I wish you could just add each to the cart and charge all of them at once.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
marianner said:
I control my spending by getting lots of free books. Oh, and spending most of my time that I could be reading here ;)
yeppers ;)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
KindleMom said:
No, just wayyyy too easy to buy books!

I try to only get free or $1-$3 books, but there are an awful lot of them!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The scary part was when I did the math to see how long it would take me to read the books I already bought. Provided that I stop buying 3 books for every one that I read.......I hope my Kindle lasts 13.7 years!!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't even gotten my kindle and already feel that I need to get ready to join this club....I check every morning the amazon site to see if my card has been charged....check the discussion board to see if anyone has gotten theirs sent....I then come over to this site and read everything new and hope that the kindle watch has started for newly shipped kindles.....my children are telling me to stay off the sites and when it comes it comes....I calmly say "yes you're right" and wait for them to leave me so that I can jump back on and look....buying accessories for something not even here....and lets not even talk about the books that are on my wishlist as soon as my new compulsion arrives....need to work some extra shifts just to be ready to pay for this.....hi My name is Vicki and I am a kindle-aholic...... ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Thenuts454 said:
I haven't even gotten my kindle and already feel that I need to get ready to join this club....I check every morning the amazon site to see if my card has been charged....check the discussion board to see if anyone has gotten theirs sent....I then come over to this site and read everything new and hope that the kindle watch has started for newly shipped kindles.....my children are telling me to stay off the sites and when it comes it comes....I calmly say "yes you're right" and wait for them to leave me so that I can jump back on and look....buying accessories for something not even here....and lets not even talk about the books that are on my wishlist as soon as my new compulsion arrives....need to work some extra shifts just to be ready to pay for this.....hi My name is Vicki and I am a kindle-aholic...... ;D
Welcome to the club. I keep justifying buying new covers and skins with the argument that I raised 4 kids and always did for them first. Now that they are all gone and have families of their own, I deserve to pamper my new baby. My husband doesn't really buy that argument, but it does ease my conscious.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thenuts454 said:
.and lets not even talk about the books that are on my wishlist as soon as my new compulsion arrives....need to work some extra shifts just to be ready to pay for this.....hi My name is Vicki and I am a kindle-aholic...... ;D
I have 5 pages of wish list Kindle books. Hi, my name is Steve, and I am a Kindleholic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts