Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karl Lagerfeld, the haute-couture fashion designer, owns a Kindle. I just stumbled across this in New York Magazine:

Cathy Horyn visited Karl Lagerfeld in his studio last night to check out his Chanel Couture collection, which walked in Paris today. She writes, "Lagerfeld has conceived a collection based on his favorite thing - paper. (Though I thought it funny that he had a Kindle, the wireless reader, on his desk. It was a gift.)"

and in the comments, someone wrote:

"Karl loves paper, but he is also a HUGE reader-I bet the Kindle will be put to good use."

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/01/paris_menswear_outshines_milan.html

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a bit more on Kindle-owning Karl, from the New York Times:

Tonight I dropped in to see Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, and just as I entered the studio (through the famous door marked Mademoiselle), the assistants burst into applause. The bride in the show, Freja Beha Erichson, had just stepped out in her pants ensemble, with a white paper headdress and a train that swept across half the studio floor. As she faced Lagerfeld and the Wertheimer brothers, a dozen assistants stood at the far edge of her train. All the attention was on the work.

Lagerfeld has conceived a collection based on his favorite thing-paper. (Though I thought it funny that he had a Kindle, the wireless reader, on his desk. It was a gift.) As you might expect, everything in the collection is white, or black and white. The silhouette is as modern as can be-short and trim-with a sharpness to the lines that evokes cut paper. The Tokyo hairdresser Katsuya Kamo, who works on Junya Watanabe's shows and is an enormous talent, has created all the flowers, hair ornaments and little caps-from paper. I went to the hair and makeup room across the hall from the studio. In one spot was a litter of white scraps.

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/26/paris-rock-paper-scissors/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts