Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that my first month with the K2 is over, just for kicks, I decided to make a list of all the spending I've done this month that y'all are either directly or indirectly responsible for.

Directly from this board:
1 Decal Girl Skin
1 Oberon Dragonfly Pond cover
1 Mighty Bright Light with AC adapter
1 Kwik Tek Dry Pak
2 BorsaBella Bags
2 Peeramid Pillows

Indirectly:
3 charms from Ebay for the BorsaBella zippers (Oberon Charm discussions)
Oberon 5x7 journal--black Celtic Diamond (all Oberon threads & images!)
Brighton wallet & sunglasses from Ebay (Purse discussions led to hunting for a new Brighton purse to hold the K2, found these instead!)
1 bathtub tray with reading easel (well, I got so used to reading on the Peeramids, who wants to HOLD the Kindle in the tub? And I have the dry pack..... LOL)
BorsaBella Let's Do Lunch bag (which I never would have found if the Kindle bags hadn't been featured here)
New larger nightstands to hold K2, accessories, and the laptop so I can read KB first thing in the morning before I get out of bed :D (alright, blaming you guys for this one is a bit of a stretch...but not much!)

Still to come......
Oberon Creekbed Maple & River Garden covers
More skins
Another Mighty Bright for my husband
And of course, more bags!

And all this is just the Accessories board--then there's all the recommended books, Leslie's KitchenAid thread (which is making me think about using mine more, I know that will cost me!), the new Amazon card, Coinstar, updated photo editing software for screensavers....

Never doubt it, you're doing your part in helping the economic recovery!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My timeline is a little longer, but it heats up:

April 2008 - K1, Sir Sterndale Bennett arrives. I buy some books.
May 2008 - I get fed up with the crappy original cover and buy a red M-edge. I discover my daughter and I can't share the Kindle easily so I buy a second Kindle for her.
June 2008 - My son sees my Kindle and covets it. I buy a used Kindle for him (no, this one wasn't previously loved, she wanted to get rid of it) off Amazon. I buy a 3 pak of SD cards for the 3 Kindles.
July 2008 - M-edge covers go on sale. I buy a second one.
September 2008 - Buy Eforcity charging cable to charge my Kindle on the computer.
November 2008 - first Decal Girl skin. I also receive an Oberon cover as a beta tester. Buy Lightwedge light and easel for my son for Christmas.
December 2008 - Two decal girl skins for my children's kindles for Christmas. Give my son my M-edge for Christmas.
February 2009 - Buy K2 on February 5th. Order Amazon cover. Pre-order Oberon cover for it (change order three times).
March 2009 - Two decal girl skins (for K1 and K2). Order a second Oberon cover. Buy one solid blue Peeramid pillow. Order a KitchenAid mixer (!).

And March isn't even over yet...

L

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie said:
I notice that you didn't tally up the bill for all these wonderful accessories. That's probably a good thing.

L
LOL--I truly don't want to know the totals for either books or accessories. There's already 75 books on the K2, and I probably should at least figure out the percentage of paid vs. free. But I'm too scared to see how much I've actually spent.

And oops! Forgot to add the extra charging cable. But KB did save me money when someone pointed out that the iPhone car adapter would also work with the K2 cable.

To be fair, I don't regret any of the purchases I've made so far. But my goal is to get through the last four days of March without spending anything on the Kindle--with yesterday, that would make five days total. As silly as that sounds, it would be the longest stretch since the K2 arrived! If I can make it that far, I'll try for a whole week. :D It's definitely time though to decide on a monthly budget, and to figure out what I can anticipate in terms of Amazon rewards to help me along.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
VictoriaP said:
But my goal is to get through the last four days of March without spending anything on the Kindle--with yesterday, that would make five days total.
Uh, Victoria? You *do* know there are 5 days left in March (not counting what's left of today) and not 4, right? (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) If you didn't spend anything today or yesterday, that would give you *7* days already! So you're either ahead of the game....or behind the 8-ball, I'm not sure which.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I bought my Kindle on October 26, 2008 and received her on October 30, 2008. What can I say? She needed klothing.

5   Decal Girl Skins (gave 1 away)
7   M-Edge Executive Leather Covers (gave 1 away)
1-  Kwik Tek Dry Bag
1   E-Luminator Light
1   Mighty Bright Light (my Dh uses it)
2   Lightwedges in Paperback Size (1 for me and 1 for DH)
4   purses to hold my Kindle so far.
86 books

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steph H said:
Uh, Victoria? You *do* know there are 5 days left in March (not counting what's left of today) and not 4, right? (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) If you didn't spend anything today or yesterday, that would give you *7* days already! So you're either ahead of the game....or behind the 8-ball, I'm not sure which.
DEFINITELY behind the 8 ball! Count?! I'm spending all my time either here or on the K2. I've lost track of everything. :D

(counts on fingers....)

Yep, you're right, 5 days left. I was thinking 30 days and not 31. Now I need to remember, *did* I spend anything yesterday? LOL I remember downloading free books.....nothing on order right now.....

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who went into spending overdrive with these!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
It makes me feel so good to know that all those Kindles went to someone who would love them and take care of them.  sniff, sniff.  ;)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
<<perk>> Peeramid pillows?? <<runs to Accessories thread to look these puppies up>>

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I was doing okay on not buying any many books the last few days (what with freebies and having more than enough waiting to be read so that I was settling for just getting samples instead), but this morning I discovered that a new release by one of my favorite authors had finally reached the magic $9.99 price so I had to snag it...even though I won't get to it until at least Saturday 'cause first I have to finish the last 1/3 of the book I'm reading (I'm on the 3rd book of the Chaos Chronicles, Victoria!), then I have to read the most recent one in that series (tell me it's good, Victoria!) before I can possibly read even a favorite author. Gotta finish the series first.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stitch said:
Hey SongbirdVB wait for me. I was all over that accessories thread how did I manage to miss this. ;D
The Peeramid is great. Mine just came this week from Amazon. I bought the solid blue and it's a very nice blue color. Dark, almost navy but not quite.

L

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steph H said:
I was doing okay on not buying any many books the last few days (what with freebies and having more than enough waiting to be read so that I was settling for just getting samples instead), but this morning I discovered that a new release by one of my favorite authors had finally reached the magic $9.99 price so I had to snag it...even though I won't get to it until at least Saturday 'cause first I have to finish the last 1/3 of the book I'm reading (I'm on the 3rd book of the Chaos Chronicles, Victoria!), then I have to read the most recent one in that series (tell me it's good, Victoria!) before I can possibly read even a favorite author. Gotta finish the series first.
The fourth book of Carver's Chaos Chronicles is excellent, well up to the standards of the first three. Freebie aside, I actually will be donating to his Paypal account (after April 1st! LOL)--it was that good, and I'm so glad he made it available in ebook form before it's even released as a DTB!

Songbird & Stitch--I reviewed the Peeramid a few days back & there's a discussion thread following the review. I liked mine so well that after about a week, I had to have a second one so I didn't have to carry mine from the living room to the bedroom and back every day. :)

Here's the review thread (under Other Reviews in the review section): http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5633.0.html

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Ooooh, I'm glad to hear Sunborn is good too, thanks, Victoria!
I've already decided I'll be donating as well, will wait until I finish them all so I can do it at once with a message about them all. :) They're great books, what I've read so far with the first two and 2/3 of the third, and it sounds like I won't be disappointed by the fourth one.

(If anyone wonders what books we're discussing, check out http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4674.msg123942.html#msg123942 in the Book Corner forum. :) )

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Did you find it, Stitch??

Victoria, Leslie, and luv... I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.  I just ordered the blue one.  MyK has had a heck of a week and deserves his own pillow.  ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I found the Peeramid on drugstore.com for 24.99.  Don't know what the price is on Amazon. 
They're also offering free shipping over $25.  I don't recall what else I picked up to put me
into that catagory. 
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
SongbirdVB (but you can call me 641) said:
Did you find it, Stitch??

Victoria, Leslie, and luv... I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY. I just ordered the blue one. MyK has had a heck of a week and deserves his own pillow. ;D
Poor baby, this will be good for his back...or yours. Or something.

Meanwhile, Songbird, congratulations!

I found the Peeramid on drugstore.com for 24.99. Don't know what the price is on Amazon.
They're also offering free shipping over $25. I don't recall what else I picked up to put me
into that catagory.
deb
I paid $29.95 at Amazon and had free shipping thru Amazon Prime. Actually, I didn't pay anything, I decided to cash in a few gift certificate dollars to pay for it.

L

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
drenee said:
I found the Peeramid on drugstore.com for 24.99. Don't know what the price is on Amazon.
They're also offering free shipping over $25. I don't recall what else I picked up to put me
into that catagory.
deb
I saw that, but they didn't have the blue one. Plus, I searched the site for something else I wanted that would bring me over $25, then realized that was silly... I went to Amazon, paid $29.95 and got the free shipping. With the added perk of KB getting a little kickback. ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts