Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, as mentioned in another thread, a bunch of KB'ers are meeting up in Charlottesville, VA today at 4:30PM. Did we mention Hugh Howey is going to be there? That's the rumor anyway....

I decided y'all need moderation, so I'm planning on being there, unless y'all send me to the wrong place. Is this it? Somebody tell the truth....

http://www.millersdowntown.com/drink/Millers_Downtown.html

Betsy

·
5,946 Posts
Nobody is confirming you've got the right place, Betsy.

Do you think they're sending you on a wild goose chase, while they misbehave elsewhere?

;D

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I envy you guys. Still planning on going down tomorrow. I don't even know where to go. I wish they just had a big sign up that said, "Hugh's signing books over here." I'll have to use the force.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Alas, I'm all the way over here in Suffolk. Close, and yet so far. I hope you guys have fun!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hugh Howey said:
That's the place! I can practically see it from my hotel room.

I hope you all have a great time!
Wait, you're not going to be there? Or you're going to be there but not have a great time?
:eek:

Betsy

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Any writers who attend are going to get some valuable advice, and a meaningful Q&A. Don't miss this!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I never know what to ask at Q&A sessions. "M...uhhhhh...M....uhhh....Mr. Howey? How, uhhh, I mean, what I meant to...I'm sorry, let me start from scratch. W...uhhh...how...uhhh...how do I...what can I do to be cool like you?"

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Awesome! I'll see ya'll there.

I'll have a white jacket with purple accents on and a Mickey Mouse wristlet.

·
Registered
369 Posts
MILLERS! I know the place. You can get a mound of nachos...and they serve it a frying pan. Not kidding! ;) Get Rogue Dead Guy Ale to go with it. Mmmm, I'm hungry now.

Aw, so wish I could be there. I miss C'Ville so-so much! My BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS YA series "Blue Ridge" town is based on C'Ville and you'll recognize many places I mention in the story: Furniture place in Farmville (yes, it really was a town first before a popular game!)<--That's Greenfront's, Crozet, Barboursville, Orange.

I hope you have lovely weather on the Brickyard mall!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hugh Howey said:
It was a joke! :D
Get the nachos (I DARE you to try to finish it yourself...can't do it! LOL!) and have a Rogue Dead Guy, Hugh! Wish I could be there to meet all of you!

I hope the signing and talks at the VA Festival of the Book goes well and please tell Sandi C. (bookseller/coordinator at B&N), Patrice says "Hi"! :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
vrabinec said:
I envy you guys. Still planning on going down tomorrow. I don't even know where to go. I wish they just had a big sign up that said, "Hugh's signing books over here." I'll have to use the force.
May the force be with you. ;D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts