Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the KB grill is fired up... (Y'all know how to find the deck, right? It's out back, exit through the pool.).


What are you bringing to the KB Memorial Day cookout?

I always bring the potato salad to our cookouts:


Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Cheesecake. Somone else is going to have to post a pic for me. I'm posting from my phone.
deb



here you go -- looks delicious! -- Ann
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, duh!  I knew you'd be bringing the beer...but the greens are a surprise!

How do you fix 'em?

Betsy
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,356 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Well, duh! I knew you'd be bringing the beer...but the greens are a surprise!

How do you fix 'em?

Betsy
Well, I didn't have any ham broth so I dumped about a cup of sherry in the water. Then tossed them with some shallots and garlic I'd sauteed in butter as well as bacon bits. . . .they came out really well. . . .my niece really liked them, and she can be picky about veggies. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Thank you, Ann. I will be adding some blueberries to it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, I didn't have any ham broth so I dumped about a cup of sherry in the water. Then tossed them with some shallots and garlic I'd sauteed in butter as well as bacon bits. . . .they came out really well. . . .my niece really liked them, and she can be picky about veggies. . .
How long did you cook 'em? My mother was from Hibbing, MN (have I ever mentioned that?) and greens were not part of her cooking vocabulary. I do love greens....

Betsy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Okay, I am bringing deviled eggs:



I steamed the eggs in my new Sanyo rice cooker and then mixed up the middles in the KitchenAid mixer:



We're also having lobster:



Since Betsy mentioned Hibbing, I get to post a picture of you-know-who, looking very much like he's heading to a picnic. Ours, perhaps? ;) ;)



L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
The picnic is in a warm place, right, not Hibbing where it's cold. You-know-who needs to have less clothes on, not more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
drenee said:
The picnic is in a warm place, right, not Hibbing where it's cold. You-know-who needs to have less clothes on, not more.
He is happy to oblige...

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leslie said:
Okay, I am bringing deviled eggs:

Leslie, I'm not sure that's enough eggs? Plus, I think someone's eaten some already!

;D

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,458 Posts
I wish I was eating with any of you.  Well maybe not the collard greens (too many memories of elementary school).

Enjoy!!!  I'm just making spaghetti because it's so darn cold.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Leslie, I'm not sure that's enough eggs? Plus, I think someone's eaten some already!

;D

Betsy
What can I say? You guys are slow...LOL

The eggs were delicious, by the way, as were the lobsters...

L
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top