Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't visited the Book Bazaar in about a month or so, so I decided to update a few of my posts there (for whatever good that does).

Anyway, looking back at my posts for the past couple of months, none of my links seem to be working, as the posts have blank spaces where the book image is supposed to be.  If I look at the text I input, I see the coding there, but for whatever reason the links aren't working.  To be precise, I should say that the book links in SOME posts don't work, but in others they do.  However, the end result is that both the first and last posts of each thread did not show my books, and I had to re-insert the links.

Anyone know why this might be, or have the same issue?  I just glanced at a "free book" post there, and other people's books are showing up, so maybe it's just me, for some reason.  I don't think updating keywords should affect the link's viability, should it?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Are you using the same script used for books in signatures? Book linker, I think it's called? If so, that has been broken for ages, AAFAIK no coming back.

If that's the case, you'll need to use BB Code to insert your covers/links.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ImaWriter said:
Are you using the same script used for books in signatures? Book linker, I think it's called? If so, that has been broken for ages, AAFAIK no coming back.

If that's the case, you'll need to use BB Code to insert your covers/links.
I think I used the Link-maker, which is available at the bottom of every one of these forum pages. Then I would periodically copy and paste past responses. (From the Edit page, including all 'coded' info.)

I don't know what BB Code is. :'(

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Jena H said:
I think I used the Link-maker, which is available at the bottom of every one of these forum pages. Then I would periodically copy and paste past responses. (From the Edit page, including all 'coded' info.)

I don't know what BB Code is. :'(
Link-maker, that's it.

BB Code is the language the forum is written with. When you insert an image into a post here, it's done with BB Code. For you to insert a cover with a link, do this:

Code:
   [url=https://youramazonlink][IMG]https://yourimagelink[/IMG][/url] 
So you'll need to have your image/cover hosted somewhere like Imgur. And if it's too big when you add it here, play around with that 500 size.

Shout out if you still need help.

·
Administrator
10,097 Posts
Unfortunately most of the forum's added bells and whistles have stopped working. I assume updates on Amazon's side have made the tools Harvey designed no longer able to communicate with Amazon's servers.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImaWriter said:
Link-maker, that's it.

BB Code is the language the forum is written with. When you insert an image into a post here, it's done with BB Code. For you to insert a cover with a link, do this:

Code:
   [url=https://youramazonlink][IMG]https://yourimagelink[/IMG][/url] 
So you'll need to have your image/cover hosted somewhere like Imgur. And if it's too big when you add it here, play around with that 500 size.

Shout out if you still need help.
Becca Mills said:
Unfortunately most of the forum's added bells and whistles have stopped working. I assume updates on Amazon's side have made the tools Harvey designed no longer able to communicate with Amazon's servers.
Thanks to you both. Fortunately, my copy/paste "fix" job the other day was successful. It may just be a band-aid on a broken leg, but it's working for now. 8) I don't really think very many readers peruse Book Bazaar for book suggestions--at least, not according to my data, more's the pity--so it may be a moot point anyway.

Again, thanks for the info. I'm still nonplussed as to why only my links, and not even in all posts, disappeared. :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts