Kindle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts
18 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kelly,

sorry, I've just seen this; thanks for letting us know. I'll take a look and remove the one without the banner. I'm not sure if there's a glitch or not, but we'll look into it!

Betsy
Hi Betsy, I have had the same issue with my addition to the yellow pages. I have three listings, but only the one with the banner should be active. Thank you for looking into this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi established and aspiring authors!

I just wanted to drop you a quick email to introduce myself. My name is Shayne of Machovi Creative, a new novel formatting design company.

As I'm building my formatting portfolio, I'm extending an invitation to design your next eBook project for free! I'd really just love the opportunity to work on new, creative projects!

You can find some examples of my previous design work here: http://facebook.com/machoviprods

Send me a direct email to [email protected] if you're interested in one free eBook format / design. Of course, I also do covers, print formatting, trailers, press releases, and more.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to chatting, :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd like to post my cover design and formatting services in the Yellow Pages, but I am unclear on exactly where to start a discussion thread to link back to. Do I start it here in the Writer's Cafe in general or somewhere else. I do not want to post it in the wrong spot and incur the wrath of mods, or anyone else. Please let me know where the appropriate place is. Thank you very much! (Hopefully this isn't just me being clueless because it's 3am.) :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
VirginiaMcClain said:
I'd like to post my cover design and formatting services in the Yellow Pages, but I am unclear on exactly where to start a discussion thread to link back to. Do I start it here in the Writer's Cafe in general or somewhere else. I do not want to post it in the wrong spot and incur the wrath of mods, or anyone else. Please let me know where the appropriate place is. Thank you very much! (Hopefully this isn't just me being clueless because it's 3am.) :)
Virginia--

Welcome to KBoards!

You'll want to start your vendor discussion thread in the Writers' Cafe--and then we'll welcome it and you'll be off and running!

Thanks for asking--have a great day!

Betsy

·
Registered
641 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Virginia--

Welcome to KBoards!

You'll want to start your vendor discussion thread in the Writers' Cafe--and then we'll welcome it and you'll be off and running!

Thanks for asking--have a great day!

Betsy
Thank you, Betsy! I will get right on that then. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
BetaProofReader said:
This is great! Never knew such a directory existed.

Question: I offer 2 similar services that tie in with each other (beta reading and proofreading) and also file conversion and formatting.

Can I add both services separately, or is there a way to combine them?

Thanks a lot,

Dave
Dave,

Glad you found us!

If you want to have the different services available in the pre-determine search categories, you'll have to create an entry for each service.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or to PM me.

Betsy
KB Mod

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here...to the Yellow Pages and Cafe at least. Great resource for my client authors! I send them all here.

New Writers Interface: Editing, Promotion, and endless support.
I do have a strong newsletter and blog about current publishing and promotion issues and tips. And it's free! http://www.newwritersinterface.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Guy and I'm offering my story editing services to the KBoards readership.

My fiancee (Jennifer) and I work together to provide quality editing and fast service to writers. We work with you as a "team partner" to strengthen your writing so you provide your readership the most polished story possible. We provide two sets of fresh eyes and native English speaking backgrounds.

Here is a link to my website (with prices): http://thefictionaleditor.com/

We offer free writing samples to make sure we are a good fit for each other.

We are open-minded with various genres and look forward to working with you. :)

- Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello authors!

We are a product review site bringing sellers and reviewers (we call them “testers”) together and we’d love for you to join us. We’ve recently expanded our categories to include books of every genre. Honest and unbiased reviews from over 1,200 active members; never paid in any way, shape, or form.

Membership is only $25/mo. This is a great opportunity to help promote a new release or to re-introduce your previous work! Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

-Shawn, Co-Founder

·
Registered
491 Posts
EditorKelliCollins said:
Hi there! I recently added my services to the Yellow Pages. Then I updated it with a new banner; when I did, it seemed to create a second listing for me. I now see my listing twice, once with the banner, once without. I've noticed a few people's services listed multiple times, as well. Is this just a glitch when we update our listing? Thanks!
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kelly,

sorry, I've just seen this; thanks for letting us know. I'll take a look and remove the one without the banner. I'm not sure if there's a glitch or not, but we'll look into it!

Betsy
Betsy,
Just wanted to mention that it did the same for me just recently. I'm not sure if I may have clicked something incorrectly (later updates did not create a second listing, only that first one). I waited a bit to see if it would go away on its own, as it seemed to have shown up, but it didn't. I've manually deleted the second listing but thought I'd let y'all know just in case.

--e

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has to be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but on the yellow pages sign up sheet, what goes in the "Forum Thread" field? I have a forum thread?? How do I find it? Cheers, Jack

·
Registered
491 Posts
Jack_St said:
This has to be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but on the yellow pages sign up sheet, what goes in the "Forum Thread" field? I have a forum thread?? How do I find it? Cheers, Jack
Hi Jack -
Go to the main Writers' Cafe board (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,60.0.html), and on the mid righthand side (just above the listing of all the individual posts) click on 'New Topic.' Then create a thread there about whatever service you're offering.

Browse some of the other threads (look for titles that seem to be offering services) if you need inspiration for what to say there. I sure needed some! I'm not good at selling myself. (c:

Once you've got your "advertisement" written up, hit 'Post.' That will create your personal forum thread; then copy its URL and paste it into the 'Forum Thread' field.

Good luck, and welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, everyone! I've been lurking the forums of erotica/romance writing for quite some time and have finally decided to offer my graphic design services. I make premade covers that can be purchased directly from my website. (http://www.aristellastardesigns.com/)

Feel free to drop by and check us out. I'll be following up shortly with my thread and yellow page advertisement. Thank you! ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've done it!
You poured your heart and soul into your work and now your ready for the world to see it. But is it really ready to be seen? And how will your readers find it in todays flooded book market?
We offer everything the indie writer needs to self publish their work: Editing, Formatting, and Book cover design for print and ebook. We will walk you through the maze of amazon services including CreateSpace and KDP.

My Service on the KBoards Yellow Pages

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is great!

I added my website very quickly! Thank you for this

81 - 100 of 128 Posts