Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say, this is the nicest place on the internet and I am so immensely grateful to all of you lovely people, and the mods for being here and making it amazing.

Why can't the whole internet be like this place?

I have received nothing but warm, welcoming, helpful, friendly, amazing advice and responses, from wonderful people.

I have never found a better hang-out in all my years of internetting. Thanks so much! You guys are incredible!

Kboards is the best!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
We have the BEST membership.  It's a family--a little snarky with each other every now and then, but there when you need them!

Thanks for being part of it!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Agree, Kboards is great--thanks to all the wonderful writers and the mods who--from time to time--have to corral them.  :eek:  :D

Still waiting to hear what name you decided on, by the way--or did I miss that post?

Welcome.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I couldn't be happier obsessively checking kboards for new threads to devour. I'm way more of a watcher than a participator, but even at that I've always felt welcome and have gleaned so much information and good advice from those way more knowledgeable than myself.

Kboards rocks!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I love kboards too! Occasionally there are some bumps, but they are worth weathering.

I try to tell local author friends that this is the place to be - read the threads and it's like getting an MA in indie publishing - but too many are stuck in old world thinking :(

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
We have the BEST membership. It's a family--a little snarky with each other every now and then, but there when you need them!

Thanks for being part of it!

Betsy
I come here for my coffee breaks, and get a little sad on slow days ( those wiith less new threads or active ones.) :) I enjoy the diversity of writers wolrd wide that visit, the readers, and those coming from different life experiences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Kboards family is amazing. Everyone is so welcoming and willing to help, and the advice veterans provide is invaluable. I agree -- I've never belonged to a forum that's more open and supportive before. You guys rock.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So much helpful information here.  I waste too much time on Kboards!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Heather Hamilton-Senter said:
I love kboards too! Occasionally there are some bumps, but they are worth weathering.

I try to tell local author friends that this is the place to be - read the threads and it's like getting an MA in indie publishing - but too many are stuck in old world thinking :(
I teased my friend and business partner April Floyd, who's now and author everyone (Cassidy Jane is the name of her book) that we have a Master's Degree in book selling, all these blog posts we've made of deal books and knowing what readers want.

Kboards is the best! I took a break when I wasn't actively writing anymore but it was such a godsend to find back in 2011 when I put my first book out. You might get some real raw truth here, but seeing as too many places are hocking rainbows and sunshine for a piece of your pie, it's a nice reality check. And if you can weather the family spats that crop up now and then around here, which we're ALL put in Time out pretty quickly by the mods, you're reading to go have some thick skin in prime time where a reader may genuinely not love your book that you published. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Arshness, I'm experiencing more or less the same thing. I've had an account here for years but I only began truly participating recently. I'm also blown away by the upbeat, helpful attitude on display here.

*raises glass*

1 - 20 of 49 Posts