Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping I can find some info. My account recently got terminated on KDP with a couple of low content books, had only started for about a week. I haven't finished my novel yet, but I realize I won't be able to upload it to KDP when I do. Looking into Kobo, Apple, Google, etc. Anyone else had any success on these platforms, or another place? Not sure if this is the write forum for this. Someone had told me that since I was terminated from KDP, I'd be terminated from the other sites too, which frankly doesn't make sense, any insight is appreciated.

· Registered
153 Posts
You can use Draft2Digital to publish on Amazon and other sites, but it isn't automatic that it will work. If Amazon has blocked you personally, then going through D2D may not be a way round the problem. D2D does take a cut, so selling on via them to other platforms rather than direct, does mean you receive a little less income as a % of sales. On the plus side, you can let D2D handle selling via other outlets, so you are only doing one upload. Paperbacks are a separate issue, and imo best regarded as a completely different project.

· Registered
8,065 Posts
No, they can't, Nick. D2D has an agreement with Amazon to not send over any content from terminated accounts. They state they won't in their FAQ. Smashwords, and likely every other aggregator, has agreed to the same thing.

Books can be sent to other places, but not to Amazon. Amazon isn't giving anyone a way to get back on their site.

· Registered
153 Posts
No, they can't, Nick. D2D has an agreement with Amazon to not send over any content from terminated accounts. They state they won't in their FAQ. Smashwords, and likely every other aggregator, has agreed to the same thing.

Books can be sent to other places, but not to Amazon. Amazon isn't giving anyone a way to get back on their site.
More or less what I thought. It wasn't entirely clear from the original question whether the poster was blocked personally, or just the account they'd set up on Amazon.

· Registered
758 Posts
I don't publish, no / low content books but didn't know that was against TOS.
It's not against TOS. You can publish no/low content books on Amazon, although they're not eligible for Expanded Distribution. In most cases, though, it's some copyright issues. If you imagine a diary with pretty pictures and quotations, it's all too easy to overstep the line and inadvertently use copyrighted content.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts