Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is awesome for those of us who sell like ... 5 copies per 3 months in let's say Italy, or something like that :p

Got this mail today:

We're excited to announce the upcoming removal of the Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) threshold for our KDP publishers!

Currently, you are required to wait until royalties earned in each Amazon marketplace meet a minimum amount (threshold) in your selected currency before your earnings can be dispersed. On November 25, we will be removing this threshold for payments via EFT. We will be processing your EFT royalties currently under threshold from November 25 through November 29.

To ensure your royalties are processed and sent when this threshold is removed, we encourage you to review your payment information in your KDP account. You can view your reports to see the royalties you will be paid here: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/reports. Please ensure your information is updated by November 25 so we can pay you for your KDP royalties.

Once this threshold is removed, any future sales you receive will be paid approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales occur, no matter the amount.*

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Kindle Direct Publishing Team

* The EFT threshold for royalties earned in the Amazon.com.br marketplace is still R$20 for Brazilian publishers and $100/£100/€100 for non-Brazilian publishers.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wait...so if I get .60 in royalties for IN for the ENTIRE MONTH of November, they're going to deposit that into my account in January? Same for each of those other countries? WOW (seriously that's good news)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Amazon really seem to be ticking off all the little complaints self pubbers have been making about them recently. From getting matte covers on CS, to Aussies finally getting electronic payments instead of cheques, and now this. I guess people can't complain anymore that Amazon are hoarding up all those spare cents on purpose.  :) I wonder what they'll do next?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I did not get this email, nor have I seen it discussed on any of my other writing forums.

It would be nice if it were the case, but it truly seems a bit odd. They are literally going to be making tens of thousands of payments every month that are literally pennies.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DreamWeaver said:
Has anyone else received this email? I haven't.

I don't see this new information on Amazon KDP's Payment Thresholds page, so I'm wondering if this email really came from Amazon KDP. It could be that this is a phishing email, and the included link actually redirects somewhere other than it appears, so I would suggest not clicking on it from the email. If you need to check your account details, go to KDP directly from a new browser window.

I hope it IS true, though! :)
-.- no.

The link in the email is legit. I've checked it and there is no 'redirect'.

Plus, they're addressing me by my real name and have a legit email: [email protected]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks very much for the heads-up and the double-check, Clarissa!

I haven't received this email yet either, so I'm guessing the treshold removal is getting rolled out slowly, but that is very good news if it's going to be available for all of us. Hooray for finally getting my 300 yen from Japan.  ;D

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I haven't got it, but then I often don't get emails about things like this from Amazon. Usually only get the ad emails, and occasionally the newsletter. Never anything in the spam filter, either.

At any rate, I hope this is true. I'll actually get that .36 GPD I earned last year. Whoopee! My US account has less than ten bucks, so I guess I'll get that as well. It will be nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Selina Fenech said:
Amazon really seem to be ticking off all the little complaints self pubbers have been making about them recently. From getting matte covers on CS, to Aussies finally getting electronic payments instead of cheques, and now this. I guess people can't complain anymore that Amazon are hoarding up all those spare cents on purpose. :) I wonder what they'll do next?
They do seem to be spoiling us of late.

Should we be sending our Xmas lists to Jeff Bezos rather than Santa??

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
OK, just logged into the account used to upload the multi-author bundle, and voila! Got the notification. But it didn't go to my regular KDP account. Just the one for the separate entity.

We're excited to announce the upcoming removal of the Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) threshold for our KDP publishers!

Currently, you are required to wait until royalties earned in each Amazon marketplace meet a minimum amount (threshold) in your selected currency before your earnings can be dispersed. On November 25, we will be removing this threshold for payments via EFT. We will be processing your EFT royalties currently under threshold from November 25 through November 29.

To ensure your royalties are processed and sent when this threshold is removed, we encourage you to review your payment information in your KDP account. You can view your reports to see the royalties you will be paid here: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/reports. Please ensure your information is updated by November 25 so we can pay you for your KDP royalties.

Once this threshold is removed, any future sales you receive will be paid approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales occur, no matter the amount.*

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Kindle Direct Publishing Team

* The EFT threshold for royalties earned in the Amazon.com.br marketplace is still R$20 for Brazilian publishers and $100/£100/€100 for non-Brazilian publishers.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
OK, just logged into the account used to upload the multi-author bundle, and voila! Got the notification. But it didn't go to my regular KDP account. Just the one for the separate entity.
This is wonderful since I have some counties that I have only had one or two sales.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.