Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Joined
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I added a page to the front of my book one (in all markets) to promote a box set I made. In KDP, I ONLY changed the manuscript file and nothing else, but as I closed out the popup says your title will be available within 72 hours...and it shows the price as 2.99

I've had all of the Amazon markets changed to free for my Bookbub on the 15th and wondering...is there a chance this changes the price back to 2.99?? :eek:
 

Registered
Joined
945 Posts
Well, you know, anything is possible! But if your book was already set to free, then I would not expect the price to change following your edit.
 

Registered
Joined
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kathy Dee said:
Well, you know, anything is possible! But if your book was already set to free, then I would not expect the price to change following your edit.
I wouldn't either BUT this is 2020 and seeing that $2.99 flash across the screen even if it's just a formality of the popup scared me a bit. This bookbub is important to me (duh).
 

Registered
Joined
35 Posts
If you reuploaded the file you may need to re-request the price match to zero. I鈥檝e heard reports of Amazon de-price matching on a file update.

So watch it like a hawk and be prepared to call them, I suppose.
 

Registered
Joined
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder` said:
If you reuploaded the file you may need to re-request the price match to zero. I've heard reports of Amazon de-price matching on a file update.

So watch it like a hawk and be prepared to call them, I suppose.
And they returned it to the 2.99 price two days before my bookbub after an email yesterday saying everything was fine. :'( :'(
 

Registered
Joined
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder` said:
If you reuploaded the file you may need to re-request the price match to zero. I've heard reports of Amazon de-price matching on a file update.

So watch it like a hawk and be prepared to call them, I suppose.
What number do you thinkis best so I don'y get shipped around on hold? Seems like a lot of support numbers.
 

Registered
Joined
7,615 Posts
Every time you make a change to a file, you risk being severely audited by the review team, and also having permafree removed. Since "free" on Amazon isn't really a thing, bots will reset prices. You can wait a day or two, or email and ask the price to be matched again.
 

Registered
Joined
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unkownwriter said:
Every time you make a change to a file, you risk being severely audited by the review team, and also having permafree removed. Since "free" on Amazon isn't really a thing, bots will reset prices. You can wait a day or two, or email and ask the price to be matched again.
An important lesson I have now learned. Thank you.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top