Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year, everyone. Has anyone had an issue with pages not being glued properly in their paperbacks? I haven't had that issue personally, but I had someone order a copy of one of my books on Amazon and complained to me that it had poor binding. Pages were falling out. Will Amazon replace this book for the customer?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It happens.

Amazon likely won't do anything if you contact them, but they will fall all over themselves to fix it for the customer. Tell your reader they need to reach out to Amazon just like they would with any other issue they had with something they bought. Explain to them you are not brushing them off, but this is truly the best way for a fix.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Buyers shouldn't be contacting you with issues like this, or their review not posting, or any other issue that is due to Amazon. Send them to customer service, don't do anything yourself. You risk having Amazon consider you related or connected to the buyer, which can cause further problems. Remember, at this point, they're Amazon's customers, not yours.

That said, it's an issue with longer books, which is why Amazon limits how many pages a paperback can be. And sometimes it's just a quality control issue, or something wrong with the glue, or who knows what.

During these stressful times, with the virus making things worse for almost everyone and every company, I give some slack. Like with the post office dealing with increased shipping, and then the holiday shipping. Things are going to go wrong, or be slow, or otherwise crazy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're exactly right. I didn't contact Amazon at all about the issue. I had already told the buyer to contact custom service.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aside from the thin covers, I’ve been happy with my KDP author copies. The binding seems pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts